Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I love Porto!!

• 09-03-2004 11:39pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Outside the Stretford end
    I heard a gob***** calling,
    We're out of the European Cup,
    We had a great eleven,
    Then we we sold our number seven
    Now we'll never be playing the same way.
    All round the Scummy Stretford end,
    Where now we watch that *** Forlan miss,
    (And can he miss!)
    We've got Giggsy on the wing,
    But his name we no longer sing,
    Cos the Welsh **** has gone from excellent to ***** .

Outside the Highbury gates,
    I heard a gob***** calling,
    I used to be a manc red and true,
    But now you're on the up,
    And I want to win a cup,
    Because there's no more glory round our scummy stretford end

All round the scummy Stretford End,
    Where once we watched our king Beckham play,
    We had Dwight Yorke up front,
    But then we sold the **** ,
    Now there's moaning round the scummy Stretford End

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

To much time on your hands man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

Its almost 11 pm and I still have a smile from ear to ear!
    What a fantastic sight to see the Porto manager ripping down the sideline faster than a horse jockied by Kieron Fallon after the goal had been scored to celebrate with the players.
    This is what European football is all about

:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Its a magic night.....its allways a good night when Man You lose

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

you have to hand it to mourinho, he was a class act and didnt take any $hite of fergie
    that image of him running down the touchline to celebrate with his players will go down as one of my favourites this season
    as said earlier thats what european football is about

class manager too, with very little he has built a very good all rounded team and knows of to get the best out of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

de-fooking-lighed

totally deserved their win overall. arsenal are gonna destroy them now. i'm gonna say a prayer for united!! :):):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Not a lot of people believed me when i said Porto would beat United after the draw was made. I also said that Deportivo were one to avoid and they have knocked out Juve.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130173&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by AmenToThat
    Its almost 11 pm and I still have a smile from ear to ear!
    What a fantastic sight to see the Porto manager ripping down the sideline faster than a horse jockied by Kieron Fallon after the goal had been scored to celebrate with the players.
    This is what European football is all about

:D

Here here man :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

I love Porto more than you do!!!

As a paid-up member of the ABLULA (anyone but Liverpool, United, Leeds or Arsenal) club all I want now is for United to meet and lose to Sunderland in the FA Cup final and this season will always be known as the one ruined for Fergie and Keano by TWO Mr McCarthy's. (Mick and Benni)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

When Mourinho went into the tunnel he seemed to have both hands out with the middle fingers raised :) Anyone else notice this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭midget lord

but but but sir alex is infallible surely he doesnt make mistakes, surely this is all a bad dream, utd are the best team in the world, please say it aint so.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

all I want now is for United to meet and lose to Sunderland in the FA Cup final and this season will always be known as the one ruined for Fergie and Keano by TWO Mr McCarthy's. (Mick and Benni)

oh how i would just love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    When Mourinho went into the tunnel he seemed to have both hands out with the middle fingers raised :) Anyone else notice this?

I saw that but I thought it was his index fingers? at least I presumed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

Why don't all you sad little boys concentrate on your own teams for a change instead of following UTD's games in the hope they will lose , you all wish you'd pick them as your team when you were kids anyway , that's why you are so bitter towards their success.

To all Pool fans -- Ya have to actually be in the Champion's league to be knocked out , you're hopes of doing well in Europe died when Sammy Lee starting going up jean sizes

To all Gunners - Come back when you've actually won a European cup , then you can slag UTD.

To everyone else - well you're not really worth mentioning , are you. One of you actually supports Sunderland , gimme a break will ya !

to Digsy come back when you have won it four times

to digsy, HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ROFLMAO
    LOL
    ROFLMAO
    LOL
    ROFLMAO

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Dub13
    Its a magic night.....its allways a good night when Man You lose

It has to be said that its sad to see that the hightlight of a liverpools fan season is united going out of the CL. OH how the mighty have fallen.:D

i dont think he said its the high light of his season muppet. We still have the UEFA cup to look forward to, and besides we dont think we are the best team in europe, yet we know that we are th most succesful british team in europe.

Well we more chance of winning another two over the next few years then you do in the next hundred going by your last 3 managers and about 500 players - all muck.

You'll beat our record of 26 years without a league as well pal.

When did you last win it ? About the same time your Bart logo was cool....

*************************child alert**************************

*************************child alert***************************

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

my teams better than yours......

• Advertisement

Originally posted by midget lord
    and besides we dont think we are the best team in europe, yet we know that we are th most succesful british team in europe.

Fair Play to you, thats a good memory you have there mate.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

To summise, before this gets closed.

1) someone wrote a funny song.

2) several people are happy that UTD got knocked out.
    2.1 this probably doesn't include UTD fans.

3) LFC are indeed lurching from one crisis to another.

4) LFC do have a better record over the course of time.

5) If history counted they wouldn't bother playing the league every year.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What a **** thread.

why are closing this? If you dont like it can you not just stay away from it. Personally i find it interesting reading posts from some Utd fans, it helps the day move along.

Good point about History , definitely the Future thats important , agreed ?

And it's a sad state of affairs when the most successful English club's big ambition for the future is to find a way of handing their brutal manager his P45....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Scholes was miles offside for his second goal anyway.

Impossible to wind me up anymore today , Two Sheds !

Liverpool dont sack managers, thats just the way it is.

I sincerly think liverpool will win the league within the next 3 years. GH has bought some decent players but more than his share of ****e ones. The good ones are still there and the ****e ones are being filtered out, hopefully next year, after a couple of quality acquisitions in the summer, we will be fighting it out with the "big three" of the moment.

Originally posted by midget lord
    Liverpool dont sack managers, thats just the way it is.

I sincerly think liverpool will win the league within the next 3 years. GH has bought some decent players but more than his share of ****e ones. The good ones are still there and the ****e ones are being filtered out, hopefully next year, after a couple of quality acquisitions in the summer, we will be fighting it out with the "big three" of the moment.

LOL the 5 year plan is now an 8 year plan. I suppose it makes a change to say ye will win it within 3 years pool fans usually say next season. :D

BTW its Good to see the Pool fans out of hiding today, they,ve been very quite here lately for some unexplained reason.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Thank you Digsy. You've just confirmed to everyone that you get very annoyed when people slag off your team. Thread mission accomplished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    Scholes was miles offside for his second goal anyway.

couldnt agree more

No Mr. Angry , what i meant was i was completely p***ed off when i woke up today as a reult of last night , not because the saddo's on this bored got me going.In actual fact i feel better since coming on the board , it made me realize for every smelly Portugese manager acting like he won the world cup , there's a million Liverpool fans egging him on because it's better than watching their own team on Channel 5.

Basically , both him and them are SAD !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭daosulli

As the song goes: Oh its such a perfect day ......... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

you're hopes of doing well in Europe died when Sammy Lee starting going up jean sizes
    Not to mention the 5 year ban.

And your hopes of doing well in Europe died when Posh Spice decided that she'd prefer shopping in Madrid than Manchester
    there's a million Liverpool fans
    Surely not. And they all wanted to be Utd fans as kids but went for 'Pool as they were the only English team winning regularly. History doesn't count though.

The Porto manager was sticking his finger up at the Utd. fans as he left the pitch. You might hear more about this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Originally posted by Big Chief
    couldnt agree more

Clearest offside decision I’ve seen for a long time, can’t see what the problem was

Phil Neville is a liability too – but a good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Originally posted by Digsy
    you all wish you'd pick them as your team when you were kids anyway , that's why you are so bitter towards their success.

To quote from Toy Story:

You are a sad, strange little man... and you have my pity.

PS - Isn't five threads on one game is a bit much??

No Mr. Angry , what i meant was i was completely p***ed off when i woke up today as a reult of last night , not because the saddo's on this bored got me going.In actual fact i feel better since coming on the board , it made me realize for every smelly Portugese manager acting like he won the world cup , there's a million Liverpool fans egging him on because it's better than watching their own team on Channel 5.

Basically , both him and them are SAD !

Keep digging buddy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Why don't all you sad little boys concentrate on your own teams for a change instead of following UTD's games in the hope they will lose , you all wish you'd pick them as your team when you were kids anyway , that's why you are so bitter towards their success.

To all Pool fans -- Ya have to actually be in the Champion's league to be knocked out , you're hopes of doing well in Europe died when Sammy Lee starting going up jean sizes

To all Gunners - Come back when you've actually won a European cup , then you can slag UTD.

To everyone else - well you're not really worth mentioning , are you. One of you actually supports Sunderland , gimme a break will ya !

and you then wonder why people are happy/delighted when utd get knocked out of europe by as gary neville quoted "a bunch of girls"
    so to you hahahaha :)

above not directed at other utd fans with a bit more respect

To quote from Toy Story:

You are a sad, strange little man... and you have my pity.

quoting from a kid's movie , doesn't surprise me , ever read a book without pictures ?

And in answer to your question , all the Utd threads were started by non Utd fans , once again I'll say it , you all prefer seeing Utd f**k to seeing their own teams.

The reason Utd are always talked about is because of you lot , not Utd fans , you are the wingers pal

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap

I can't fathom that myself. why is everone going on so much about some stupid football mact so much on the day when the story that is causing the most upset is that Bryan has left WESTLIFE?

LIfe will never be the same again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

once again I'll say it , you all prefer seeing Utd f**k to seeing their own teams.
    Good point about History , definitely the Future thats important
    Have you ever been to Old Twatford mate. The most popular chants are;

1) Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put the scousers at the top....

2) On the 1st day of Christmas my true love sent to me, 10 Cantona's....and an Eric Cantona.

Get a grip boss....

Utd. have virtually the same goals as 'Pool now, qualify for Europe next season and perhaps win a cup.

Go'an the Porto.

Come to think of it what a week....Ireland beat england,Celtic beat Rangers and Man You out of Europe.You cant ask for much more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

*BAD TASTE WARNING***BAD TASTE WARNING***BAD TASTE WARNING***BAD TASTE WARNING*

What's the difference between Leicester City and Manchester United?

Leicester still have some players in Europe.

And in answer to your question , all the Utd threads were started by non Utd fans

so what ??
    if liverpool or arsenal get knocked out of europe in their next games i'm sure you and all the other united fans will start threads on how ****e they are/delighted you are

Originally posted by The Muppet
    I can't fathom that myself. why is everone going on so much about some stupid football mact so much on the day when the story that is causing the most upset is that Bryan has left WESTLIFE?

LIfe will never be the same again.

Haha. Good one Muppet. A lovely sense of perspective...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Well we more chance of winning another two over the next few years then you do in the next hundred going by your last 3 managers and about 500 players - all muck.

You'll beat our record of 26 years without a league as well pal.

When did you last win it ? About the same time your Bart logo was cool....

digsy your a fast talker for a fella aboard the united bandwagon.

liverpool are the most successfull british team of all time. dont forget that. i dont want you to support liverpool, just give us the respect we have earned.

Even your Thug of a captain say that ontill Man You match what Liverpool have done in Europe they will allways be second rate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

The past doesn't matter. The future's all that's important, right? Well, my fat-headed United supporting friends (Digsy in particular), the future of English football success over the next few years will be in London (The Arse and Chelsea). So if the future's all that matters why not start supporting one of these teams? United's future is akin to Liverpool's present. Grim.

Keane will retire soon, so will Fergie. Phil Neville and Wes Brown will get new contracts :D, Van Nistlerooy will probably go to Real, and let's face it your backline is appalling and in need of urgent attention.

They're in a transition period at the moment and I don't think Fergie can actually get through this. They'll need a fresh face to renovate the playing squad and rejuvenate and remotivate them. He should be available soon, so why not get Mr. Houllier to do the job for you? ;)

And as for Liverpool, no need to worry, Houllier is buying us another young French striker (Cissé)in the summer to add to our large collection of French talent. And none of the French players he's brought in before have let us down (Ferri, Diomede, Traore, Vignal, Cheyrou etc.) so I'm sure Cissé will make a great left winger for us and will fit in to Mr. Houllier's Six Million year plan and lead us to the title eventually.

I love the way this kind of reaction occurs every time United get knocked out of Europe. Utd fans lose the plot, us Liverpool fans wind them up, and then they lose the plot even more. Utd lost, get over it. You should be used to it at this stage. Utd have only not got knocked out of European competition twice. You don't have a divine right to win the Champion's League every year. And 1999 isn't the most important year in modern history. Although it was the biggest injustice since the Holocaust.

Kudos to Mourinho for playing Fergie at his own game and beating him.

Not as fat headed as your mother , you waste of a materity ward identity tag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Ahh Digsy, a well put together polemic that neatly summarised this whole thread and you respond with a childish taunt...

Well well, you've admirably summed up why the world and his wife hate Utd and their supporters... it's because you merit our derision...

C'mon Super City!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement