Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom downgrade to home starter ?

• 10-03-2004 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Has anyone who decided to downgrade their eircom broadband package to the home starter package actually had their service downgraded ?

On the online downgrade form, it says that downgrade requests will be processed from 1st March and may take up to 10 working days to be completed. It's now the 10th and I've noticed no change. My DSL stats still say that I've an 8GB cap (it should be 4GB on home starter).
    I know that 10 days eircom time can usually be multiplied by 3 for an idea of how long things will probably take but I was just wondering has anyone been downgraded yet ?

What are the odds eircom will still be charging me €54 in the next bill, claiming they never received a downgrade request.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I've requested a downgrade but am in the same situation.

It is my intention to phone the lo-call support number tomorrow to find out. If I get charged €54 for March I will dispute it. I am concerned that I got no e-mail confirmation of my request to downgrade. I will have no evidence in support of my dispute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Same for me.

I've just phoned broadband sales at 1800 503 303 and they confirmed I've been downgraded to home starter.

So if you're concerned, give them a call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

So if you're concerned, give them a call.
    Will do. BendiBus, are your DSL stats still showing your cap as being 8GB even though eircom claim you've been downgraded ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Originally posted by PhoenixRising
    BendiBus, are your DSL stats still showing your cap as being 8GB even though eircom claim you've been downgraded ?

Yes. Let me know how your call to Eircom goes. I don't entirely trust what they tell me :dunno:

Well, just got off the phone to them, and they said that they have received the downgrade request and I asked when it would be processed and the answer.........20th April !!! I asked biddy what was the reason for the delay and she just made up some bull**** answer, throwing in a few words like "regulatory requirements"....etc, etc...

I said that the new products were introduced on 1st March and had regulatory approval from that date and I expect to be billed €39.99 from the 1st March, and she said, "oh, well that would be a billing issue...call 1901"

Sounds like a cynical attempt to squeeze another payment out of us at the higher rate. Bastards.:mad:

Will get on to Comreg if they charge €54 again in the next bill.

Edit: here's the online downgrade request form from eircom's site. It clearly states that requests will be processed from 1st March and may take 10 days. I'll be using this in my dispute with Comreg next month.:rolleyes:

eircomdowngrade.JPG

• Advertisement

My broadband stats page is still showing an 8Gb limit.

I'm not at all pleased :mad: . I'll be calling Eircom again in the morning to chase it up.

Hey Sarsfield, post up the date you get quoted for the changeover if you give them a call. They told me 20th April.

I was told I've been downgraded already and not to worry about seeing the 8Gb cap on the stats page.

I guess I'll have to believe them. But I won't be comfortable until I get a (correct) bill.

Call them again Phoenix.

Just got the latest bill in the post there, and to my amazement eircom seem to have got it right. They've charged €33.04(ex-VAT) for home starter. My DSL stats are still showing my cap as being 8GB though........

Advertisement