Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gx20 MMS not working (vodafone)

Options
  • 10-03-2004 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭

im killing myself with this its driving me insane

bought it from the UK locked to vodafone UK (mainly for the picture quality and mms), unlocked it using that free unlocker jobby on the net, no problem.

have all the settings in from vodafone.ie, which ive checked over and over and over again and the person on vodafone phoneline thing says everything is setup alright for gprs and mms on their end.

The error message is gives me is just 'Server error. Try Again' or something along those lines.

anyone got any ideas for setting changes or anything that might help?
    could it have anything to do with the phone originally being locked to vodafone uk?
    anyone know where i could take it now for someone to have a look?? cant bring it back to where i got it odviously....

anyone had similar trouble or any ideas at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

If you have it unlocked and it will take a VFI SIM, then it's nothing to do with it being ex VFUK. Are you use your account has been enabled for MMS by VFI? If you are sure all your settings are OK, call CS and get them to check your settings on the MMSC again...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

took almost 5 months of trying to get MMS set up on one RTG account here - more details in this thread

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

cheers for the help

i was in the vodafone shop today, and they were messing with it for a while and did confirm that all the settings are 100% right (same as the one they had in there anyway) but alas its still not working.
    They seemed to think all was right on vodafones side aswell so they were baffled aswell... the guy suggested taking it to a phone repair shop or something similiar and trying to get the software on it upgraded? (this would be a major pain in the ass as ive already spent too much money and time on it)

the thing is i CAN receive them, i just cant send them....

anyone think his idea was a good one?
    or should i just keep harassing vodafone about it in the hope that they discover a problem and finally fix it like they did for Dubwireless....

im at the point of giving up at this stage

i kept being told that everything was fine on their side - at one stage i think someone noted that i'd called about it the previous day so they wouldn't look into it further - so i left it a while and started asking again...

i knew for certain the phone was fine though, as i'd tested it with a different voda sim/account and it worked - maybe see if you can get someone else's voda sim who you know can send MMS and try it in your handset...

also if you can get through to someone helpful - try and see if they will delete then re-enable the MMS / GPRS services for your account from scratch

BrianG

cheer dub
    i havent been able to try it with a different sim but im going to with my mates at the weekend but im gonna give them another ring now anyway and just hope for the best

do you remember if you could receive them on yours?
    thats what really annoying me about... surely its the same server for in and out bound?

cant figure it out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Dub, I've just read your other thread, do you know what fixed it in the end? I know of cases where deleting the MMS profile and recreating it has solved the problem and I've never got to the bottom of why it wouldn't work with the oroginal MMS profile...

nm, ask CS to confirm that the MMS profile is setup for an MMS not legacy handset. (did you say if it was pre or post paid?). If it is MMS, ask them to delete the MMS profile and recreate.

Let me know how you get on.

Originally posted by nm
    do you remember if you could receive them on yours?

sorry, i can't recall, it was a good while ago
    Originally posted by BigMoose
    Dub, I've just read your other thread, do you know what fixed it in the end?

well apart from my persistence ;) - was dealing with front line customer care throughout so the explanation only got as technical as "there was an error"

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I agree with Moose, it is likely to do with your MMS configuration on the network. Just call customers care and try to get them to transfer you through to Tech Support, they should be able to help you.

This is to whoever suggests calling Data Support, don't, they cannot help.

NM, are you RTG or Postpaid? Also, did you recently migrate from between either service?

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    Just call customers care and try to get them to transfer you through to Tech Support, they should be able to help you.

i tried that - but had no joy whenever i asked :( - i expect most of the delay in getting it solved was the customer care person trying to explain the situation to tech support (possibly not clearly enough) and then taking tech supports explanation as the only possible situation... thankfully a nice Voda store employee broke the circle and managed to get it fixed
    This is to whoever suggests calling Data Support, don't, they cannot help. .

gone back through both threads and can't find anyone suggesting that?

BrianG

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DubWireless
    thankfully a nice Voda store employee broke the circle and managed to get it fixed

gone back through both threads and can't find anyone suggesting that?

BrianG

How did the store person fix it?

I am not saying that someone said it. Was merely pre-empting someone suggesting it.

How did the store person fix it?

calling up for me (explaining the same situation i had so many times before) but finally getting it sorted out - it's all explained in the linked thread

BrianG

Worked - 3rd phonecall :)

explained to him that the settings were definately 100% correct and this had been verified by the guy in the store on grafton street, he put me on hold while got onto tech support, came make more questions, hold again etc etc for for 19.47 mins, then said we've done or updated something or other give it a try now, and it worked.

weird the way they wouldnt do that for either of my first phone calls (fobbed me off with crap about settings and phone software) OR the guy in the store (he rang while i was there) but **** it, its works now... happy days.

cheers lads.

Originally posted by nm
    Worked - 3rd phonecall :)

explained to him that the settings were definately 100% correct and this had been verified by the guy in the store on grafton street, he put me on hold while got onto tech support, came make more questions, hold again etc etc for for 19.47 mins, then said we've done or updated something or other give it a try now, and it worked.

weird the way they wouldnt do that for either of my first phone calls (fobbed me off with crap about settings and phone software) OR the guy in the store (he rang while i was there) but **** it, its works now... happy days.

cheers lads.

It really should have been solved on the first call... But sure its ok now!

Advertisement