Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB : Self - Install help

• 10-03-2004 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

Heh,

Just got my self install kit today, phoned up eircom yesterday (as i had the sds delivery notice thing to pick up) and line has been activated etc and she gave me my username..

picked up the self install kit this morning, has anyone got a webpage or something to help me setting it up?

I think i know where the bits and bobs go, well kinda... there are 2 single filters and a double one etc which is kinda confusing me, i got the eircom 2 port modem

Any help about what i actually do with it to get it up and running?

sorry if this is a stupid question but i looked around briefly at the stickys and didnt seem to get any info on this

Thanks,

Owen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

a webpage that i could print off from work or a help here that i could print off would be the best bet :)

so tempted just to say im sick and head home and play around with it now, been lying about being sick and "up all night" to a few ppl near me..

gonna have to try it out on the boss soon me thinks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Here you go, Chief - and you'll see when I'm finished that a web page would be overkill.

For each active phone socket except the one that you will be connecting the modem to, unplug the phone/fax/whatever, plug in a single filter, and plug the phone/fax/whatever into the filter. For the modem connection, unplug the phone/fax/whatever, plug in the double filter, plug the phone/fax/whatever into the filter socket marked 'phone', and plug the modem cable into the other one.

Plug the other end of the modem cable into the modem's RJ-11 socket (i'm not familiar with the unit supplied by €ircon, but there should be only one socket of the right size). You can then connect the modem to your PC, using either USB or Ethernet - obviously, you will need the correct cable for this.

Anything else you need - just ask.

Advertisement