Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever seen a shuttle launch?

Options
  • 10-03-2004 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Reason I ask is we will be in Orlando early April and were thinking about heading to CoCo beach to see the Atlas 2AS Rocket Launch. I wonder what are the chances the lauch will be delayed/cancelled. Also will the beach be packed for viewing of the launch?

--edit-- --> Video file of a previous lauch of the rocket. Looks cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

No, but I was in the Kennedy Space Centre last September brilliant experience and lots to see, That Saturn Five really is that big.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Originally posted by Redshift
    No, but I was in the Kennedy Space Centre last September brilliant experience and lots to see, That Saturn Five really is that big.

Tis quiet a shock when you walk into the hanger and there she is.... massive.

I'll be sure to take some pictures/video to post of the launch (if it goes ahead :dunno: ) and I'll post when we get back.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

is there a site where you can find out about launch schedules. Gonna be in Orlando in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Launch dates and status

Launch viewing locations.

More offsite viewing locations.

It seems Jetty Park in Port Canaveral is one of the best locations to view a launch. Their website appears to be down at the moment. Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

crap. launch a few days after we leave :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

I planned my holiday around one once and it was delayed til the week after i came home.
    Space center is amazing though.
    You go through a simulated sat 5 launch and then go through to the hanger to see a saturn 5.
    Overwhelming experience.
    It brings a tear to the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭neGev

I've seen every launch.
    Ever.

Advertisement