Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Open day

Options
  • 10-03-2004 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

So now for two days I have to deal with these little plebs running around making my queues longer and my day harder to study in.

I am getting too old :(

Did anyone ever find an open day useful? Did it inform them? Does anyone think the water tower with a sniper rifle could be fun? and am I a perv for thinking there could be some talent strolling around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

When I was in sixth year, we planned to just head into town for the UCD open day (skive off loike), but my Mum insisted on driving me and two mates in because she knew what we were up to :p

Turned out for the best. I had a look at Trinity and DIT too, and UCD was the one that appealed to me for some reason.

Barely legal girls + school uniform. Is it wrong that it makes me sexwee? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Generally the undergrads presence annoys me.
    I can tolerate postgrads.

I don't want schoolgoers anywhere near me!

Syke (being cranky, if not altogether serious)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Well the students in UCD are a common scurge of the college overlords. Or so I hear, apparently this place would/does do great business as a conference centre and we only hamper them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ughhh...Im about to head into UCD today to get some study done but I Know Im on the stand for Law at some point over the 2 days, just have to check which day :/

Ho Hum....drop by, Ill tell you how great law is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by uberwolf
    Well the students in UCD are a common scurge of the college overlords. Or so I hear, apparently this place would/does do great business as a conference centre and we only hamper them.

Telling ya man, the place would run like clockwork without students. ;)

You should see how pleasent the place is during the summer! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Oh yeah.

Anyone who is interested in law gets to watch a video called 'Law:The Noble Profession'

Pretenious?.......nah!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

They just close this shit tip (Carlow IT) when there's an open day on, so there's no filthy student scum around to scare the kiddies and mammies and daddies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The best time of year around college is the summer when all the undergrads heads off any the place is left in relative peace for 3 months. No queues, no noise, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by syke

You should see how pleasent the place is during the summer! :)

frequently have. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

note to all secondary students at UCD open day:
    GET THE HELL OUT OF MY WAY!!!!!!!!

"oh yah, i'm, like, toshally coming here, sorcha! it's, like, ohmygooood, sooooo cool!"
    "heeoh! antoooooo! where's dee aaaairts block? dis is bleedin' rappih!"
    "is dat de new ting, is it?"
    "mammy"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Why the hell is ucd so cold? There should be a big dome over it that controls the weather.
    The computers in the lab ain't too bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm went in yesterday on the 10 and it wasn't fun, i'm sure i wasn't that annoying when i was that age.

skanger voice - we get free pens and paper clips

have to go in again today yeah for me.

data

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

they were everywhere - thank god Libro-Cop kept them out!!

Then i was denied access to the student centre and made go around another way!!! I mean, is this for real?

Advertisement