Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain flights

• 10-03-2004 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Fly to Alicante or Malaga for €1 each way (including taxes and other payments!)

only 12 seats per flight available at that price.

tricky trying to find dates now, but give it a go

http://www.flyjetgreen.com/home/index.php

good luck

Bob

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

they don't seem to be licensed yet..

http://www.aviationreg.ie/downloads/licensedocata.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

They have fares posted up from 4th May to 31st October. Every single fare is €49 or more, there are no €1 fares at all! What a gimmick!

And their phone number is a 1580 number, costs you €1.90 a minute to call them!!

I've never made a complaint about false advertising, but I'm going to now. Surely if they are advertising €1 fares, they have to be able to offer you at least one, right? Who do I complain to?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

I managed to get flights for 1 euro each way to Alicante in May last night.

There seemed to be a fair amount of availability then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by robbie1876
    They have fares posted up from 4th May to 31st October. Every single fare is €49 or more, there are no €1 fares at all! What a gimmick!

Erm....if there was only 12 €1 fares per flights, they would go really quickly. We all know how fast the cheap seats on ryanair go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Originally posted by parsi
    they don't seem to be licensed yet..

http://www.aviationreg.ie/downloads/licensedocata.pdf

They claim to be operating with a FI flight code. This means Icelandair is the aircraft operator so it wouldn't appear on the list you give.

I'm not convinced they exist at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Erm....if there was only 12 €1 fares per flights, they would go really quickly. We all know how fast the cheap seats on ryanair go!
    Yeah thats true, but they shouldn't be advertising them if there are none left.
    I managed to get flights for 1 euro each way to Alicante in May last night.
    Hmmm you know, there are a couple of €1 flights which seem to be coming up now on the Alicante route.....bizzare, they weren't there this morning. Ah well, gimmick or no gimmick it's a good deal for those of you lucky enough to book them.

[/end of sour grapes]

Originally posted by BendiBus
    They claim to be operating with a FI flight code. This means Icelandair is the aircraft operator so it wouldn't appear on the list you give.

I'm not convinced they exist at all.

Ah that sorts that..

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

Originally posted by parsi
    Ah that sorts that..

Take a look at the RTE 5-7 LIVE link. I think they are ligit!
    http://www.onbusiness.ie/2004/0310/flyjetgreen.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

If anyone can find me a flight to Chicago for that price I owe them a pint :D Seriously though, can anyone help me out? I'm a poor schilling-less student.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

http://www.unison.ie/business/stories.php3?ca=80&si=1143261

bob

SOME of the key players in collapsed aviation start-up Freshaer have bounced back with a new company called Fly Jet Green Airways.

And it is already taking bookings from the public, despite not having signed a contract with any airline carrier.

Freshaer was a controversial short-lived company which was forced last year to refund €250,000 to customers after it emerged it had not received the correct licences from the Commission for Aviation Regulation.

Freshaer was also hit by revelations that the company was involved in a dispute with the Deputy Inspector of Companies in the UK and that one of its backers, John Lepp, was a convicted fraudster and restricted director in Britain.

Mr Lepp is not involved in any manner in Fly Jet but for the fact they had acquired their ticket booking engine from him, the company said. Fly Jet has been granted a tour operator's licence for Ireland, is fully bonded and is preparing to start offering flights to Spain from May, it continued. Fly Jet's directors as listed in the companies office are Eric Conway and pilot Jim Duggan, who previously worked with Freshaer.

However, Mr Duggan, a former Ryanair chief pilot, resigned as a Fly Jet director in the last three weeks, the company said.

Businessman Colin Gervaise-Brazier, a former backer of Freshaer, is also providing the bulk of financial backing to get the business off the ground.

Pearse Gilroy, who was one of the driving forces behind the success of Cityjet, is chief executive.

Mr Gilroy revealed that the company had already taken bookings from the public despite not having signed a contract with an airline carrier. He said he was confident that he would sign a contract with Icelandair within days.

Flyjetgreen.com went live this week and is advertising flights using flight numbers for planes that are supplied by Icelandair.

However, a spokesperson for Icelandair, which was also the carrier that was to work with Freshaer, said he was "surprised" to be informed yesterday that Fly Jet was promoting itself using Icelandair flight numbers, given that no contract has been signed.

He said he was "unhappy" about this. "We don't want to be seen to be associated with something that might not take off," he said.

hmmm, seems the fresh aer boys are up to their old tricks.

At the moment, they don't have any contract with iceland air.

I rang the office just there and the girl on the end of the phone doesn't have any information. And what information she does have is deemed private and confidential

sounds dodgy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

'We are offering 12 seats for €1 on every one of our flights. There will be no fare, no fees, no taxes or charges to pay on these tickets and even no credit card charges,' said its CEO Pearse Gilroy.

... begs the question - what is the €1 for?

Well I booked flights for January for me and the kid for 1 Euro each way.. so maybe it is a bargain - you need to search around a bit though... it seems like November and january and end-march are good...

Advertisement