Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway LAN Details!

Options
  • 14-06-2001 3:50pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here's the list (sorted alphamabetically)!
    • Dead Bank Clerk
    • Dino
    • Doodee
    • Ivan
    • Jaden
    • Jeff Lebowski
    • kayos
    • Kharn
    • Koopa
    • Neo Slicers
    • Phobos
    • Preacher/Quad4
    • Robbo
    • Skulker
    • SyxPak
    • ThrAx
    • Trojan
    • Volvagia
    • <this could be you>
    The provisional date is the last weekend of July - that's the 20th to the 22nd.

Cost: £10 a head - this covers the rental of the place and a couple of pounds (not many mind) for a couple of prizes of some description. This price may drop, but even at it's current rate, it's a bargin for a weekend of tasty LAN goodness!

Now, once people have confirmed, I'll need to collect some green from ye cause we need to leave down a deposit to the good folk in the Anno Santo Hotel.

So, here's a round up of details:
    Location: Anno Santo Hotel, Salthill Galway. (A map will be provided at a later date)
    Price: £10 / E12.70 (may drop)
    Date: July 20th - 22nd (proposed)
    What do you need?
    * a PC to play on - people can share, but it's still £10 a skull, so tough tongue.gif
    * a Network Card with an RJ-45 slot. RJ-45 plugs look like a phone line plug, only bigger. Try to get it at 100Mb not 10Mb - 100Mb is a little bit more expensive, but better for leeching!
    * a place to stay - duh (you'd be amazed how many people go to these things without accomodation sorted)! We will be in a Hotel, so maybe you can book a room there. http://www.failte.com/salthill/anno.htm is the website and it has contact details. You'll find other B&Bs and stuff on that site too, so don't say I didn't do anything to help! My advice is to ring Uncle Monty and stay with them for free (if you don't mind Uncle Monty violating you each night - I hear he's a bit like that).
    * mo' money. People are not going to pay for your food and drink just cause you're family's poor Kenny! Bring at least £50 for the 2 days probably more as we will be going out to town for a couple of bevvies on Saturday night and while it's not quite Dublin, it's not that cheap in Galway! Underagers need not apply to that particular adventure tongue.gif

Anyone who want's in and who isn't on that list, send an email to galwaylan@eircom.net and include:
    • Name
    • Nick Name
    • Do you have a 100Mb RJ-45 Network Card
    • What game's you're interested in playing
    Everyone on that list has been emailed, so there's no need for them to reply to this post (reply to the email when it arrives).

Be cool!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

u forgot about me i'm in to

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You still haven't sent an email AS YOU WERE ASKED TO DO!!!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    Tribes 2 Goodness

kharn just put me on the list because oceanfree.mail server is F.uck.ed and doodee and thrax know me. and also i signed ready

are u the guy who we meet or is that dev?

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I got ur mail. Went to email u but mail.oceanfree.net be down ffs! so i txted u! talk to u later.
    -Vol

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Oceanfree are upgrading their POP3 servers etc.
    I can still mail, unless its just changed there in the alst 5mins.
    HKharn put Meat down. We need his schlong

• Advertisement

Wohoo i got 101 posts!! apparently im a crazy poster!

Why do we want MEATS schlong? we could just slag or beat the ****e out of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You muppets. Use another mailserver. Whats webmail?

--

Dav, no can do on that date, so I'll be missing this one frown.gif

Al.

Its a pitty i suppose someone will miss u!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Right lads, There is a slight possibility that we might be having it in Lanfest, that is if i can get in contact with Kharn.....I fear that Trojan wanted to play Doctor and Nurse wiv him and when he refused........Well He might be tied up wiv a thermometre in his ass
    :P

^DooDee^

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Having it in Lanfest would indeed suck. I want to leech! I want my own mouse, mousemat, keyboard and monitor!

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Its about TIME someone layeth the smacketh down on SMS.

Horrible illiterate children pretending they're l33+ when they are, in fact, dyslexic.

Then again, tis a great way to be flirtatious... smile.gif

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

Ahh ffs LANfest sux! whats wrong wif ur hotel Doodee??? i want my own leet machine ffs! not some filthy mouse which contains maleria and other diseases within it! BOO!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

LANFEST!!!

well **** me

we'll 'ave to do better than that m8

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

MEAT! BRING UR TRUNCHEON TO THE LAN, WE WONT BEAT U UP I PROMISE!!!

(he has a safety truncheon, like a sefety blanket but more truncheony)

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

Kids - if you want to talk about this thing, keep it to the emails.

There is no way we are having it in LAN Fest.

To whoever send me SMS, email me - I delete all sms off my phone and I don't particularly care for it as a communications medium. I don't care if oceanfree is down - get mail from emailfast or yahoo or one of those places.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    Tribes 2 Goodness

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThrAx:
    sorry kharn i cant email u til the weekend m8
    but i know im gonna b at the lan due to my early involvement with its founding and all that

</font>

erm, pardon? You were in the Hotel when I called up and that's it. I dunno where you think you were involved, but anyway...

Email me when you can - I know you're comming. curlydav.gif

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    Tribes 2 Goodness

remember?

I introduced the idea to the quakers on the boards in the first place remember u replied to my galway lan post ages ago

i was organising everything until i got doodee to host the lan at his hotel then he told me to leave it all to him and i dunno htf u started organizin it m8. I was up at the hotel that time because i was organizing it i wouldn't have been there otherwise m8.

so like i'll try to email ya even though i knew about the lan before ya m8. Anyway doodee knows im in, and ill be up to help set up the lan too hopefully.

sorry kharn i cant email u til the weekend m8
    but i know im gonna b at the lan due to my early involvement with its founding and all that

hey doodee/kharn whoever is in charge, whats up with this galway lan association (or is it galway lan community as me and jp had called it first) Is it going ahead? Are we gonna have kick ass lan meets at certain times of the year?

it sounds really cool and if ye are gonna do it, i can help coz it sounds bleedin kewl.

oh yeah and if the lan starts on the friday i wont be able to help set it up as will probably only be there for sat-sun, but i might get there on friday night if i get a lift with volvagia

• Advertisement

at the lan we need to play q3:team arena hmmm.... kamikaze hehe > biggrin.gif

The new date is much better then the last one. And ThrAx no one give a flyin **** if u were organising it in the first place just as long as it happens! cyas there!

yes vol, thats quite true, i actually dont give a fu<k either. i wanna playa da lan

everyone want to fu<kin play u f3wl!

Advertisement