Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apres Match: Man U V Porto

• 10-03-2004 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Head is melted about that game last night.
    My champions league evenings will once again consist of feckin Soap operas and the rest of the bull **** that's on tele.
    I enjoy watchin the other games but only because united may meet them.
    I come into work and a liverpool fan is slaggin me, he's some feckin neck.
    well there's always Celtic to support for the uefa campaign.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

and people wonder why United fans are annoying.

"The Best Team In The World (tm) are out of the competition, no point in watching it now".

idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Originally posted by Dustaz
    and people wonder why United fans are annoying.

"The Best Team In The World (tm) are out of the competition, no point in watching it now".

idiot.

Here here.

Of course it has been scientifically proven that the world actually revolves around Old Trafford.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭lad12

"well there's always Celtic to support for the uefa campaign."

This just proves my point in an earlier Thread....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 syngin

and you follow a team that has entered the competion once in the last 10 years.

Oh so...at least our FANS are thru to there colours...unlike utd FANS...these are the idiot's that think they know everything about football...but when it comes to it...the only reason they started to follow utd is cos they were probably top of the league when they started watching football...

UTD FANS = IDIOTS/LOUD MOUTHS

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by syngin

well there's always Celtic to support for the uefa campaign.

My friend, I am a United supporter, but your attitude here is terrible, please choose one team to support, and stick with it.

I wonder if United and Celtic should ever have the misfortune to meet in a European competition, or god forbid some new style Prem League with Celtic and Rangers, with which team would your so-called loyalties lie?

You seem to be some kind of Glory Hunter, please crawl back under the rock from whence you came in 1992, and stay there, or better still, move to Glasgow.

Perhaps you'll be more interested in the soaps, try Coronation Street, it's set in Manchester you know.

Yeah thats what i was saying...most utd fans over here just jump on the wining team's band wagon...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

welcome to the REAL football world syngin but i couldnt put it better than Duztaz and MrJoeSoap

also a note here, so if arsenal meet real madird in the semi's or something you wont watch it!?
    these are the games where legends are made or broken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 syngin

i didn't arrive in 1992, nor am i a glory hunter as you put it.
    I've been following united since the early 80's and have been to on average a game a season.
    First United game i went to had mcgrath, les sealy and strachan on the far right. we stuffed liverpool i nil and have hated them ever since.

There's nothing wrong with liking or supporting 2 teams ya muppet. That's was has the gaa like what they are, single minded biggots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

TBH, anyone who follows United, Arsenal, LIverpool or Chelsea is a glory hunter. Not that theres anything wrong with wanting your team to win stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by syngin
    i didn't arrive in 1992, nor am i a glory hunter as you put it.
    I've been following united since the early 80's and have been to on average a game a season.
    First United game i went to had mcgrath, les sealy and strachan on the far right. we stuffed liverpool i nil and have hated them ever since.

There's nothing wrong with liking or supporting 2 teams ya muppet. That's was has the gaa like what they are, single minded biggots.

One nil is a stuffing now?? So losing 3-2 over two legs to a team that cost a tenth as much and are A Bunch Of Cheats & Divers must be a fucking hammering :rolleyes:

Plus three players including a goalkeeper playing on the right wing?? Great tactic I suppose, just as well Beckham replaced them :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

ah now thats not really true now coz people could have supported those teams for years so you cant call them glory hunters although I do know alot of man u fans who only started supportin them when they started winning. As a leeds fan I have to say im jealous

WHATS THERE TO BE jealous ABOUT....i'd rather be a Leeds fan any day..then follow that red shower of w*nkers...we have got as far as any other english side did in the champs league sine scum won the comp...

COS WE ARE LEEDS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Lads, if ye can't keep it civil then the thread will be closed and the peeps involved in namecalling will be banned. Ye know who ye are, need I name names ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by MrJoeSoap
    TBH, anyone who follows United, Arsenal, LIverpool or Chelsea is a glory hunter. Not that theres anything wrong with wanting your team to win stuff.

I followed United whe they were a second division team. Fnck all Glory in that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah true we did get further than any other team other than man u and we will be back!!!

Yes we will....3 point on saturday away at fulham...and then at home to Man city...another 3 points...with smithy and dukes up front...and milner on the right we should stay up...and of course robbo in goal and Big Dom at the back...

COME ON THE WHITES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

I don't really give a **** if people want to be glory hunters and choose the easy option and support Scumchester or Arsenal what annoys the hell out of me is when they start bleating as soon as they draw a game or god fordid lose one!!

live after 5 on Today FM is full of these bleaters when their team failed to win 4-0 on a Saturday

Supporting a team is all about the ups and downs - mostly downs for some of us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

It never ceases to amaze me the way some people equate loyalty to a particular club as 'glory hunters' or indeed others feel the need to recite the 'I was there when we were playing on the side of a hill watchin dinosaurs go by' line.The beauty of being any supporter is the ability to throw insults/coins/whatever at the opposition and watch 11 neanderthals(in my clubs case) prance about for 90mins and still come away hungry to watch some more.Tribalism at its best!.

Advertisement