Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

instant messenger

Options
  • 10-03-2004 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

I'm having a problem sending & recieving audio in a audio conversation instant messenger 6.7, I'm using a netopia modem (eircom bb on) & the other party is using the dlink 504 router, we can send video no problem, but audio fails to connect, we've tried turn off firewalls, turning off nats etc but we get no where, any one else have similar problems...I've tried technet with no luck...I've also tried using audio with a Mate on a college lan in the uk, we both can't connect but all his mates can...I'm thinking it might be my modem...I've also tried resetting the modem back to factory settings..again no joy

please help...we really need this feature!!!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭phoenix2181

33 views & not one reply... its a sad day in boards.ie...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<token reply>
    The only thing I can think of is that you may require a full-duplex soundcard and are perhaps missing one (ie. only half-duplex available)... are you using your motherboards onboard sound or something?
    I've never used IM, so I'm not quite sure where to start.
    I wouldn't say it has anything to do with your modem/net setup unless you've got vital ports blocked, but you seem to have checked that already.
    </token reply>

Advertisement