Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapping section

Options
  • 06-07-2001 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

I think there should be a mapping section to quake.ie to help newbies learn how to map for qw/q2/q3, I only think that it should be there though, if there are enough Irish quakers out there interested in quake mapping. I think it would be pretty neat to have some sort of mapping scene within the irish quake community. It will also give ppl a headstart for mapping for future games like doom3/quake4 (oh yeah, did ya hear about the new id games at quakecon 2001?). There are not enough irish mappers for q3 in my view, and i would like to talk to other irish quake modders/modelers/mappers. Maybe there could be a game design board on boards.ie? Its just a thought, but hope fully some ppl will be interested in mapping and game modification/design in general.

p.s Applies to skinners and texture arstists too

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

[This message has been edited by ThrAx (edited 06-07-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Good idea,

Im all for that Thrax with one exception : Whos going to do it? If you were willing to write up a help section for it, I can put it up there. Otherwise, I can't see this getting done in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

give me the weekend to think about it mp, i think i'll do it.

Do you know any other irish mappers, mindphuck?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

there are a lot of HL mappers, you can talk to Munch if you want to get them involved. there are a good few quakers who can map, eg Pred and Dest, but i don't know how many of them are still doing it

Advertisement