Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best SG1 Episode?

Options
  • 10-03-2004 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭

On Star Trek forum we discused the best ST episode why not discuss the best SG1 episode.

I personley loved the 2 parter called
    Part1 = Jolinars memories
    Part2 = The Devil you know
    (its the 2 parter with sokar natoo and the return of the one true god apophis)

I also love a few 1 parters
    The armbands episode
    The groundhog day episode
    The episde where apophis defeats herour (shortly after the above 2 parter)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

funny as f^ck "IN MY BACKSWING!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

And when the guy KEEPs opening the door and hitting Tel`c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Then the one time he just smacked your man instead

and the "thats gotta be a record" bit

that episode rocked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

Originally posted by User45701

Window of opportunity..

absolutely the best episode.. :D

So everyone so far sees that as there faverate ep? KooL
    Supose we could all ring up wky and do that voteing for the best episode thing that will be shows next thuesday but it probbley costs loads to ring them. mabe u can vote at there website......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Yup Window of Opportunity, class ep

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Those were definitely some of the best episodes, particularly the one with So'kar - he was a bit freaky. Its a pity they didn't have him in it more. How did the system lord with the biggest fleet ever assembled never get any notice before that???

Anyway, my favourite was the episode with the black hole - from a science point of view, it was pure genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I like Thor's chariot.

I just love it when Tel'k looks up in the sky and says: "An asgaard mothership. I have heard of those in jafaar legend".... and Jack just stands there smiling :)

I love the asgaard.... they are by far the coolest race.. I don't like it when they make the asgaard look weak... like when they came up with that whole "the asgaards are a dying race" thing... I like the asgaard being invincible :)

In the end... you just have to love Thor... :)

They seem to like having earths allies get the crap kicked out of them.

The Tolan = extinct

Asguard = In pieces no planets just a huge fleet

Tokra = Kicked round that place no way of repducing will soon die (i personley belive that a small faction of Tok`ra (The guays who went behind Jacobs back and sent the spy to alicon) I belive they may have illigaly used a Cercougagus to revive the tokra queen)

Havent heard anything on the Jafa rebels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

loved window of opportunity too, also the episode with Urgo, the interactive programme that lives in their heads but has a really annoying personality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

what was the one where they made a tv show based on the stargate program, that was hilarious

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by angelofdeath
    what was the one where they made a tv show based on the stargate program, that was hilarious
    Episode 100: "Wormhole X-Treme!" I liked the fact the people on the show were mocking sci-fi conventions up to - and including - "Well they speak English don't they!"

I'm going with "Forever in a Day" myself from Season 3. Beautifully filmed and superbly acted by Michael Shanks. It's one of the best ways in which someone gets to handle the death of a loved one (Sha're or Sha'uri) in the show.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Very difficult to pick one, but from each of the 7 seasons, i thought the following were really top-notch:

S1: There But For The Grace Of God, Within the Serpents Grasp
    S2: The Serpent's Lair, Secrets, The Fifth Race, Serpents Song
    S3: Fair Game, Jolinars Memories / The Devil You Know, Nemesis
    S4: Small Victories, The Other Side, Upgrades, Window of Opportunity
    S5: Threshold, Between Two Fires, Summit / Last Stand, Meridian
    S6: Abyss, Allegiance, Smoke And Mirrors, Prophecy
    S7: Fragile Balance, Orpheus, Chimera, Death Knell, Heroes Pt 2

Looking over the above list, i suppose i'd go for either The Fifth Race or Between Two Fires. The combination of Summit & Last Stand is the best SG1 ever made tho, imo.

Ye i have summet and last stand on VHS, have seen countless times. Its the episode when we first hear the name Anubis. 9/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Upgrades is class :)

when they are testing jacks strength and she says somthing along the lines of

'humm 4 times the average strength of a human'

and jack just shrugs and says 'no change there then'

:D

and when they go to the bar for steaks :D

ahh I think I'll watch that ep again tonight now!

Advertisement