Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Drawing

Options
  • 10-03-2004 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

paper 1 tomorrow

any tips for revising???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

What i found most helpful was just talking through a few years worth of questions with a friend, it was a lot faster then doing them, and it was quickly obvious whether i could do a question or not.

Just get someone who's good a tech, and talk through questions. Thats all i can tell ya. But don't worry, paper one is easy (if you get what i got). Nothing to worry about. i finsihed the the area conversion in about 10 minutes, and i wasn't even rushing it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Anyone know if there are websites out there that may be able to help me and other technical drawers, I'm struggling in this subject, and I've only until to leaving cert to perfect them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Hmm, keep in mind that there are two possible papers, but this is the one I got.

Bah, left my papers in my locker, and these are probably all paper 2.

Perspective - there's one bastard of a curved surface. It starts high at the back and gets smaller as it goes down, while being curved.

Roofs - Cant remember that question.

Hyperbolic Paraboloid - fairly easy. Just project the lines from the square out to the edge of the circle to get the outside and inside curve in plan.

Cant remember much more. Sorry :)

Yea, same Demeantor. These are all the sites I could find :
    (zip of all my favourites - might work)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=1382882

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

depends on whether your doin engineering drawing or construction aswell as
    technical drawing..
    the only tips i could give for tech drawing is to look at all of your drawings you've
    done and follow through how you done it.. not necessarily redraw it, cos thats way
    too time consuming. if you can see how you done it before, you'll do ok..

Ok, i'm officially screwed. All those links are next to useless, none of them contain notes on how to do questions found on the leaving cert tech course, paper 2B in particular.

AAAAaagggghhh, i'm going to go in tomorrow and fail, FAIL!!!

• Advertisement

Yea, I know. But it was the most I could find.

thanks for trying anyway.... i just worked out that if i want to get an A1 in tech, i have to get 93.5% in the test tomorrow. The odds of that happening are 1/1,000,,000

I found Paper 1 to be a bollocks alright. Paper 2 was way handier - probably earned my pass on that paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Got the same papers as you I think conz. Paper 1 was a ****.. apart from planes(Q1), which is simple and ya can just bang that down in a half hour, none of the other questions really worked out for me. Interpenetration was a joke.

Paper 2 I was happy with though, easy mining geometry and hyperbolic thingymajig.. perspective was easy enough too, just a very long process. Couldn't get the damn roof geometry out though, that thing was huge! I'd say I'm getting about 50-60%

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭plastic_axe

advice was useless

the prick just gave us the 2003 paper

didnt see that one coming

• Advertisement

Swifty, you should have changed the scale on that roof geometry. It should have been 1:200 on the paper, not 1:100.

If you had changed the scale, it would have been perfect. But, i still couldn't get the dormer window even after the scale change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I was thinking it was a bit too big alright. I think I'll stay away from roof geometry for the real thing unless I have some extra time at the end, it can be a nice short question if you spot what you need to do, but it's too hit and miss for me.

Advertisement