Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CSS window resize problem

Options
  • 10-03-2004 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, on my site, www.sleevesmahoney.com
    I have a little problem.

The page looks fine when you open it full screen, but if you make it into a small window, all the content starts to overlap itself.

Is there anyway to prevent the CSS content from moving when resizing a window, so the page would look the same, and the user would have to use the scroll bars.

It only seems to happen when resized horizontally, not vertically.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Only quick solution I can think of is to set a the width property for the container div, but it won't grow either then.

You could also put in a spacer image with a width of your desired minimum width.

.cg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

(obvious)remove relative width's ...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I got it working, but sacrifices the width of the .subtitle section, as you can see, it's slightly shorter.

If you have any code to show me how to fix it, tell me, I'm a complete CSS noob.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ok I fixed it, no worries.

Advertisement