Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camera phone...take a photo then what?

Options
  • 10-03-2004 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm new to camera phones but have been messing around with one recently (Nokia 3200)

I've taken a photo with it and now want to email it (or otherwise get it onto a PC) to myself. So I tried to send it via email and it just sits there in the outbox not going anywhere.

I presume this has something to do with GPRS which the phone is supposed to have. On the main screen there's an O2 button that when you press it says GPRS unavailable.

So obviously I need GPRS to get the photo off the camera (without using cables etc.) so how do I get it working? Or if I don't need it, how do I get the photo from the phone to my PC?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

GPRS should be setup as default on a new phone, if not, go to o2.ie and there's an option somewhere to have a message sent to your phone which will set up GPRS for you.

You can get data cables for nokias to hook them up to your pc, or if you phone has bluetooth get a bluetooth dongle for your pc to exchange files

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

contact O2 on 1740 to ensure you are enabled for GPRS services
    - the 3200 doesn't have a 'real' email client (i.e. that you could attach the image to and compose an email) although you could MMS it to an e-mail address or your O2 Picture Album (although expensive enough if you do it regularly)

3200 doesn't have Bluetooth, but it has infrared so if you get / have an Infrared adapter you could send the images to your PC as a file transfer (if your PC OS supports Infrared) - Maplins had one on offer when I was in their D1 store today was around Eur 25-30ish (only glanced at it) here's detials on it from their UK site

genuine Nokia cables can be very expensive - maybe someone can mention a 3rd party source (apart from eBay - that's a given)...

you can also get at images using the PC Suite's Phone Browser to look at files (including images) stored on the phone - you can create a PC Suite connection via Infrared or a Cable

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭chabsey

Thanks for the tips.

I've trawled through the O2 site and according to this page:
    here

I have to text 1747 to activate MMS. So I'll try that and see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

1747 is the support number for O2, so you'll have to ring them instead of texting.

<edit>If it is set up on your a/c and your phone needs the settings, go the Nokia settings page for the 3200

They will be sent instantly to your phone and you just save them</edit>

Advertisement