Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW THIS FORUM WORKS!! (read me)

Options
  • 10-03-2004 9:11pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This is the forum where all users are equal except for the 5 admins:
    Vexorg, DeVore, Regi, Ecksor and Cloud

Its the place where you feedback to us what you like (or dislike) about the site.
    Dont be afraid to criticise, if you are civil and backup your point with a reasonable argument you'll find us reasonable people. In many ways, this site has been a success simply because most people are reasonable and will accept reasonable rules and restrictions where necessary. Feel free to tell us what you think would make it better. We may very well implement your idea (we've done that a ton of times before) or we may very well completely ignore it or tell you we cant.

If you want to suggest a forum use the Forums forum here.

All suggestions and feedback are discussable by all users... some will give their views forcibly. Like all forums this one is built on civility to one another and staying on topic. Please respect that.

Please note one thing There is no mod of this forum. All moderators here have no power to alter, delete or decide anything, thats the premise of the administrators. Of course, they know a lot about the site and their opinions are valued but they cannot enact decisions and just because one says "No. Sorry thats not going to happen" or "Yes. That should go ahead."... that doesnt mean a decision has been reached.

Decisions are made by the admins only. Commonly thats me, DeVore, but frequently you will see other admins here making decisions, particularly where it affects their (rather vaguely defined) areas of expertise. On anything fairly serious we will put our heads together.

Decisions take time. We all work day jobs. As I write this Boards has been running for 4 years without break and its very very big now... this generates a lot of things for us to do in our spare time! Please read the FAQ forum and search this forum for what you are about to suggest. Its probably been suggested before but if not feel free to post it. We'll let it be discussed until we feel its been talked through and then a decision is made.

Hassling us to make a decision is a VERY BAD IDEA. politely bringing it to our attention that its been 3 weeks and no decision, thats ok.... PMing me 8 hours after you post it asking Why the f*ck I havent bothered responding will get your account deleted (this really happened!).

So, welcome to Feedback/Suggestions.... Here's your standard issue flak jacket and flame retardant undies!

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

cool will do

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Aggh my nads! The undies do nothing!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

didn't I specifically PM you to warn you about this sort of thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

DeV, you might want to edit that, forum creations are now in system/forum...i think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Revised!

HOW THIS FORUM WORKS!! (read me)
    This is the forum where all users are equal except for the 6 admins:
    Vexorg, DeVore, Regi, Ecksor, Cloud and Lucutus and certain other users that are our friends and can get away with pretty much anything they like. If you don't like that then don't bother complaining, we'll just ignore the hell out of you.

Its the place where you feedback to us what you like (or dislike) about the site.
    Dont be afraid to criticise, if you are civil and backup your point with a reasonable argument you'll find us reasonably corrupt people, if we can be arsed to reply.

In many ways, this site has been a success simply because most people are reasonable and will accept reasonable rules and restrictions where necessary. Please note that there are a few special people who the rules don't apply to.

Feel free to tell us what you think would make it better. We may very well implement your idea (we've done that a ton of times before) or we may very well completely ignore it or tell you we cant.

This is also the place where you suggestion the creation of new forums... this is a bit tricky and generally causes as much heat as light. If you want to suggest a forum there are three distinct types:

Main Forums: These are the main forums that go to make up the site. They make up all navigation drop downs except Community.

Community Public Forums: These include the subdivisions of Activism, Free Radio etc... except Private.

Private Forums: These are private forums for private groups. If you already have a group of people who have a good reason to discuss stuff in a private, (like a clan or a band or a not-for-profit website/organisation) then you want one of them.
    (Private Forums are accessible by Admins and are checked from time to time for illegal activities... we're wise to that one...). We will more than likely close your forum if rumours are abound that it's full of terrorist pr0n makers.

All suggestions and feedback are discussable by all users... some will give their views forcibly. Like all forums this one is built on civility to one another and staying on topic. Please respect that.

Please note one thing There is no mod of this forum. All moderators here have no power to alter, delete or decide anything, thats the premise of the administrators. Of course, they know a lot about the site and their opinions are valued but they cannot enact decisions and just because one says "No. Sorry thats not going to happen" or "Yes. That should go ahead."... that doesnt mean a decision has been reached. The fact that this forum isn't moderated at all, even by the Admins because they are so busy shouldn't distract you from the other, mostly well moderated forums boards.ie has to offer.

Decisions are made by the admins only. Commonly thats me, DeVore, but frequently you will see other admins here making decisions, particularly where it affects their (rather vaguely defined) areas of expertise. On anything fairly serious we will put our heads together. No seriously, we do. Why are you laughing at me?

Decisions take time. We all work day jobs. As I write this Boards has been running for 4 years without break and its very very big now... this generates a lot of things for us to do in our spare time! Please read the FAQ forum and search this forum for what you are about to suggest. Its probably been suggested before but if not feel free to post it. We'll let it be discussed until we feel its been talked through and then a decision is made. Of course this doesn't apply to Cloud who will ignore the other administrators and implement a whole bunch of stuff nobody was prepared for.

We don't want to make any more Administrators to compensate for the growth because there's 200 moderators working for free that we don't trust already. :eek:

Hassling us to make a decision is a VERY BAD IDEA. politely bringing it to our attention that its been 3 weeks and no decision, thats ok.... PMing me 8 hours after you post it asking Why the f*ck I havent bothered responding will get your account deleted (this really happened!).

So, welcome to Feedback/Suggestions.... Here's your standard issue flak jacket your flame retardant undies and your corruption umbrella!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Does this affect my statutory rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

I need a magnifying glass just to see what pam has changed!

Lets have an election, pam for admin, down with deVore!

Trojan wrote:
    Does this affect my statutory rights?
    Your statutory whats?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

pam wrote:
    Of course this doesn't apply to Cloud who will ignore the other administrators and implement a whole bunch of stuff nobody was prepared for.

Yes. The truth is out! Cloud, the Wild Card admin.

The admins have agreed that we may need one or two more super-moderators (like Lucutus) to help with cross-forum control. How to choose those, we haven't decided. But it can only help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

Cloud wrote:
    .The admins have agreed that we may need one or two more super-moderators (like Lucutus) to help with cross-forum control.
    does that mean we get to dress up like admins???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I would see a super-moderator as having responsibility for a particular category, like Arts or Soc. Lucutus at the moment does Music. But a super-moderator could have two or more categories...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

super-moderator

It's against all laws of God and man. It can only end in tears :p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Cloud wrote:
    The admins have agreed that we may need one or two more super-moderators (like Lucutus) to help with cross-forum control. How to choose those, we haven't decided. But it can only help.
    A bit like a Non-Commissioned-Officer then?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

pam wrote:
    and certain other users that are our friends and can get away with pretty much anything they like. If you don't like that then don't bother complaining, we'll just ignore the hell out of you.

LOL :D
    I am feelin' the lurve today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

what's going on??

fade2black wrote:
    what's going on??
    In general, like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

nah, i've just clicked into a few threads that were showing as containing new posts but alas there was nothing there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭axtradub12

this site is Grreat. Sorry for Pimping another Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Feedback is not to be used for asking to be unbanned from a forum that you have been banned from.

Your first step in being unbanned from a forum is to PM the mod that banned you. Or failing that, PM a mod from the forum that you are banned from. You may need to log out to view the forum moderators (at the bottom of the forum).

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly then feel free to open a Help desk ticket. Refer the helpdesk ticket to the super moderators and they'll take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Gordon wrote:
    Feedback is not to be used for asking to be unbanned from a forum that you have been banned from.

Your first step in being unbanned from a forum is to PM the mod that banned you. Or failing that, PM a mod from the forum that you are banned from. You may need to log out to view the forum moderators (at the bottom of the forum).

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly then feel free to contest this banning on Feedback.

So gordon, if i can get this straight, ive been banned from TCN for ages now for being stupid and i PM'd amp, he's quite blankly refused to let me in, even tho i would contribute greatly to that forum in a great way.
    Could i consider this as unfair treatment or just take it that i asked for it.
    (which i suppose i did tbh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I guess that depends on your interpretation of unfair treatment.

My God Sparky. "Unfair treatment" would be banning you for no reason, and then ignoring you. You posted in a thread entitled "Post here to get banned", and then think it's unfair that you've been banned?

:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

exteme stupidity ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

but i swear i thought it was a joke, ah well, will i ever get in, before i die?
    ah ill just have to forget about it.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly then feel free to contest this banning on Feedback.

I take it that this is one of the few threads that newblood types actually read before posting here...

Any chance of getting this enforced? The amount of bleating that goes on here about bannings and unfair lockage / editing of posts etc is ravenous. I thought this was for 'Feedback' as opposed to 'Fight Back'.
    The admins have agreed that we may need one or two more super-moderators

Down with this sort of thing - You need Mega Moderators now, to moderate the Super Moderators. Maybe even an Ultra Moderator to smack up the Admins now and again...

Now I shall run and hide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

RopeDrink wrote:
    IThe amount of bleating that goes on here about bannings and unfair lockage / editing of posts etc is ravenous.

We NEED a moderator for this forum. Someone active. My blood pressure is rising to a dangerously high level !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

All in good humour of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

We NEED a moderator for this forum. Someone active. My blood pressure is rising to a dangerously high level !!
    While it is annoying, if you just breathe in and count to ten - now you're relaxed, then politely tell the moaning ****ers to go **** themselves :p

Seriously tell them to pm the moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

woah woah woah, this forum is unmoderated? How very interesting........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Unmoderated is not accurate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement