Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW THIS FORUM WORKS!! (read me)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭pretty-in-pink

ecksor wrote:
    Unmoderated is not accurate.
    oh, I'm no longer giddy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Some of our smods have been given additional responsibility in the feedback forum.

The purpose of this is to catch threads before they fall into a witch-hunt or lolcatsfest and to assist with a more consistent decision making process. Feedback has been abused by different camps insofar as some legitimate complaints have been lost in lolcats and witch hunts with both the users and moderators both members of the same community frequently taking a trashing due to a relatively small number of vocal/image posting individuals.

So in an effort to get this back on track some of the longest standing members of boards.ie have been added to the feedback/help desk team. We will trial/tweak this process over the next couple of months to see how it works.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

How is personal abuse treated in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It depends on the abuse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Does this mean that lolcats/FAIL pics/other such posts are no longer allowed?

• Advertisement

It depends on the level of lolcattery and failurosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,220 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Gordon wrote: »
    It depends on the level of lolcattery and failurosity.
    So, no more galactilongcat, but Im allowed to let the world know my admiration for the Serious Business ethics of the internet?

Overheal wrote: »
    So, no more galactilongcat, but Im allowed to let the world know my admiration for the Serious Business ethics of the internet?
    I've had to delete galactocat several times now and each time they have been posted by you, I'd appreciate if you didn't post it on a System forum. I'm not sure how other fora see galactocat, but in Sys - keep him on your hard drive ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Lionheaart

The site has too much information going on and I can not for the life of me find how to start a new thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Lionheaart wrote: »
    The site has too much information going on and I can not for the life of me find how to start a new thread

By using the "New Thread" button.

newthread.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement