Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good news/Bad news

Options
  • 20-05-1998 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Ok,the good news (for me) is that mr telecom will give me an ISDN connection in 4 weeks.
    Bad news is that I have to get a terminal adapter.
    I rang compustore,they had none and told me to ring Peats.
    I rang Peats and the said dorry none here yet!and told me to ring compustore.
    I ring PC World and at last success.
    But...i was told it would cost £400 for a us robotics terminal adapter with modem.This came as a little shock to the wannabe LPB nemmy who thought that the £260'ish installation was the
    amount!
    So could someone please tell me where i can get a better deal? And when I do get the Adapter how to set it up etc.
    I presume its like installing a new modem.
    Oh and good luck in those Exams all u poor fookers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

: So could someone please tell me where i can get a better deal? And when I do get the Adapter how to set it up etc.

Hey Nemmy,
    I can get yah a fairly good Zyxcel NTU for a very reasonable price, and the Zyxcel's Rock!

: I presume its like installing a new modem.
    Yah! very similar, the Zyxcel's come with software and all :)

Gimme a bell mate and Ill sort yah out!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

:
    : : So could someone please tell me where i can get a better deal? And when I do get the Adapter how to set it up etc.

: Hey Nemmy,
    : I can get yah a fairly good Zyxcel NTU for a very reasonable price, and the Zyxcel's Rock!

: : I presume its like installing a new modem.
    : Yah! very similar, the Zyxcel's come with software and all :)

: Gimme a bell mate and Ill sort yah out!

Telecom will sell you a Zyxcel Omni TA128 for £295, but I've been told that there available for £199.. I'll remember who told me that good news later... :)

As for setting it up.. Its a piece of p1ss :) even 4 u Nem :-p.

RooK's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭FlavorFlav

You want an internal or external?

I can get internal (ISA) for about 70-80 quid. I use a Teles 16.3, no probs in win95 and win98. Also Dynalink/Tornado/Diammond possible for about the same price. External are a bit more expensive.

FlavorFlav

ps. I'll have to post it to you and its possibly not certified for use in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Ive got a Zyxel omnimet - They are 237 at the moment and its the external model, you can even plug your phone it it.

Let me know if u want one, i get em at trade price sortof....

Vex

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

yeah freaky
    smile.gif

thats what i said to him and do you think he'd listen, NO

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

WAN NEMMY!!!

I remember before Quakapalooza when there were a few of us in Eric's house and it was Inc v nD and poor ol Nemmy got cornered and fragged.

He was chastised by MP for getting caught and the comeback was classic:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Eric, I was so scared!</font>
    It's one I shall treasure!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Just found out my old password so to celebrate ill post an oldie. smile.gif
    The password came to me in a dream last night...weird...heh.
    DemonBaby/Nemesis.

Advertisement