Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

joysticks for flyin!

Options
  • 10-03-2004 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

ok I just wen't out and invested a considerable amount of cash on a logitech freedom joystick because I had everyone tellin me how it improves your flyin. Fair enough I thought as I happily parted with my money but when I plugged the fooker in I got a shock...I can fly better with teh damn keys...now I keep nosing right into the dirt!! wtf am I doing wrong?

I have it set up fine but my one problem was what to do with the rudder...i was fine using A&D keys for this but just what is the best config on a joystick for rudder control? I tried 2 sepatare buttons..no good and the best solution i came up with was to bind it to the twist but this aint great either...any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

i have a logitech freedom as well and used to have a sidewinder from microsoft
    i find the logitech far superior
    maybe u have the mouse inverted or something
    or have the joystick not set up right in the controls

remember to have down on the stick as pitch up etc
    check ur config now and get back to me

i can fly perfectly with that stick it was well worth 80 euro for sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

yea - pitch and other controls are fine...what did you bind rudder controls too..as I say i used the twist but this may not be best!..this seems to be my only problem. And did you notice it seems to take longer to pull up? Maybe its because I got so used to flying with the keys that its just in my mind the same way nose and chase cam bothered me when I first started.

use the keys for rudder and accelerate and air brakes
    dont use the joystick for rudder control i had probs with that too

use the keys for rudder and just use the joystick for pitch
    try that mate
    that joystick will get ya many a frag trust me

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I've a Logitech Digital extreme 3D.
    Stick has X-Y and rudder axes.
    Works perfectly for me.
    Flying much better since I upgraded my graphics card too.
    Able to cap flags in a helicopter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

anyone used one of those X45's for it? ne good?

• Advertisement

trust me splash out the extra few yo yos for a logitech freedom 2.4ghz
    its improved my playing to no end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

fudge - how often do you have to change the batteries in the freedom?> also..I have noticed that sometimes when I jump into an airfraft that the stick wont respond right away and I have to fire a quick burst before it kicks into life..have you noticed this..I assume its because its wireless.

yep ur right
    the best thing to do is bind 6 to enter vechicle and press that to get into the plane thus the joystick is activated , no problems there but it can be a hard thing to remember sometimes in a hard fire fight

the batteries last ages i find cause it uses power save
    id didnt change mine since january near enough and i play everyday sometimes 6 hours at time or more

everyone should buy this stick
    senor fudge endorses it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

wireless peripherals are the work of The Bauld Fella

na man this is great trust me ive been playing battlefield for ages and it works a treat
    just get urself an AA battery charger

• Advertisement
Advertisement