Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WM Spoiler involving Brock

• 10-03-2004 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

This is crap!
    Brock in the NFL!
    I mean he'll kick ass but we're losing one of the best!
    Unless it's some sort of clever ploy from the WWE rumour mill

Who's gonna win at mania now????

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

This is apparently true (at this stage), brock got up at the smackdown roster meeting last thursday and said wrestlings no longer for him and that hes looking to get into the NFL

Apparently hes leaving after mania to pursue this dream, quite how hes come to the conclusion that wrestling isnt for him is beyond me, NCAA champion and all that jazz.

To be honest if hes made this about turn so quickly with 5 years left on his contract methinks hes made his money and now just wants to f off, hes got his plane enuff said

Shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Brocks gone way down in my opinion of him , he's leaving the WWE the one time they need him when rating are starting to show a bit of promise. Im definitely not Undertakers biggest fan but gotta say fair play to him for sticking around when they werent doing so well back in the mid 90's. Now Brock leaves when he starts feeling burnt out and complaining about how he is booked, Main event wrestlers are expected to be burnt out and if they arent it means they arent giving 100% , Rock , Austin , HHH , Taker , HBK im sure all have been burnt out many times in their career and when it happens to Brock he goes running. Good riddance is what i say , the WWE only needs people who care in the company.

There goes the pain...............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It's been known for months that brock wasn't happy but this still comes as a suprise.
    I expected him to take time off after WM to recharge the batteries but trying to play for the N.F.L.? That's a joke that's like Lennox Lewis quitting boxing and saying he want's to play rugby!

Article1
    Article2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Just when we thought it couldn't get any weirder after Jeff wanting out for music!
    Bwahahahah!

Sorry, Lesnar went too far this time, I won't miss him. And if anyone deserves to get screwed in all of this, it's Vince. Once too often, he's put his faith in huge slugs and gets burned every time.

Oh RebelRockChick, UT has been known for his disappearing acts when times were hard as well. He took an actual vacation after the 1994 Royal Rumble, mere months after Vince was busted for the steroid trials, hence why he's nowhere to be found at WM10, he didn't arrive back until the end of August that year.

I know everyone deserves a vacation, but his timing could have been a lot better ;)
    One of the many reasons why i can't stand him! :)

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

oh my god, cant believe this. its a good thing i was sitting down when i read this......to me lesnar is one of the best things about wwe right now, i really cant believe this....... are we sure this isnt a work to try to swerve everyone before wrestlemania? i could see vince thinking this up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

I have to say Nero , the whole steroid trail was rally Calloway's problem was it ? I don't see what good it would have been having him there to hold Vince's hand in court .And I'm sure Vince could have stopped him taking a break if he really wanted him to , he gave Steamboat a permanent break didn't he?
    All in all he has been a great employee , I know his under selling thing is true but wouldn't everyone take the "I'm not jobbing to anyone" title if they could get it ? They can't all be nice guys like Foley.

Anyway , my point in this post is not to defend the Undertaker or to start a row , my point is to defend Brock !

No , not really , I'm disappointed too and surprised don't know how long he's been thinking of this but I hope it's been a while and it's really what he wants , if it's only been a recent decision than I hope he knows what's he in for.

But I have to say if he isn't happy then no one has to right to tell him he's wrong to go , he'll disappoint fans and dishonor his contract but no one's going die because of it . No one should have to stay in a job they don't want and he is young , maybe he really didn't realize the commitments WWE involved compared to the other wrestling he'd done.
    And even it is was all about the money , well fair play to him cause his plan work didn't it ? I can 't begrudge anyone for being money driven , and Vince sure couldn't either.
    I don't go to work myself for the coffee and conversation...

But that's just my opinion

Oh don't get me wrong, I wasn't trying to start a row. Just making an observation.
    There was a statement that Undertaker stuck around in the mid 90s when things weren't going so well and I made a rebuttal. Thats all :)

Vince shafted Steamboat, especially on his comeback where he had to wear that ridiculous outfit!

The Brock issue is a double edged sword, provided it's not an attempt at a swerve. I understand that creative are making a mess of things at the minute, especially the likes of Gerwitz doing stuff for BOTH RAW and SD! However you don't just throw a temper tantrum when things don't go your way. At the end of the day, you signed a contract to do a job, sometimes you have to do things you don't want to. I have to work weekends sometimes, I don't like it but it has to be done. Same in Lesnars case, he has to lie down occasionally, but he kicks up a hissyfit whenever he's told to do so. Which is kinda unprofessional for someone who's only 2 years with the company.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

Definitely agree with you that if it's just a tantrum he needs to be put in his place but if it's a genuine ambition his wishes should be respected.
    I didn't like when McFadden announced he was leaving Pondlife but there's nothing can be done ! ( only joking , I hope they all die )

Speaking of Gerwitz and the writing teams , does Pete Doyle from Clondalkin still work for them ? Phoned in and spoke to him on Adrian Kennedy a couple of years ago and he seemed like a normal guy , able to book good matches too , like Jeff and RVD at Summerslam '01 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Ill miss him gbut there is more to this story I think...

Originally posted by Digsy
    Definitely agree with you that if it's just a tantrum he needs to be put in his place but if it's a genuine ambition his wishes should be respected.
    I didn't like when McFadden announced he was leaving Pondlife but there's nothing can be done ! ( only joking , I hope they all die )

Speaking of Gerwitz and the writing teams , does Pete Doyle from Clondalkin still work for them ? Phoned in and spoke to him on Adrian Kennedy a couple of years ago and he seemed like a normal guy , able to book good matches too , like Jeff and RVD at Summerslam '01 .

Regarding television and music, it's been a brilliant year, with Sex In The City and Friends getting canned, and Sugababes and Westsh|te slowly falling by the wayside. It's the best news i've had all year!!!

And FINALLY it's nice to find someone who agrees with me that that Summerslam match was amazing!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Jeff and RVD in 2001?

Ok as much as I am a Jeff Hardy and RVD fan, can you say spot match? Big move big move big move... didnt think much of it. Totally no story telling in the match. Just spots...

Anyway about Brock.(Already posted some of this on another thread)
    IMO this is a classic example of the young lion getting a push way too soon. So many people said that thye wanted Cena to become a main eventer, infact Ive already heard people saying, that in the wake of Broke Lesners departure, that he will become a main eventer. Bad Idea.

Lesner went too far too soon. Forget winning the WWE title. He held an amazing undefeated streak. Plus, say what you will about Calloway, Brock kicked him around the place, and even bet him in a hell in the cell. The politics behind that must have been and increadable ego builder.

In a way ill miss Lesner. However his departure was at an idiotic time, and this disision could have serious rammifications on the entire buisness. With uncertinty sorrounding the future of som many of the indie feds, pro wrestling, as we know it is in a very dogey period at the moment.

I dont believe hes burned out. Look at the brutal travelling the veterans had to do in the early 90s. People have alraedy exceded his travelling, and he has his own Jet for god sake. IMO he seeks another challenge.

About the Torrie/Sable think. There probally fighting over which camera man they didnt give a blow job to. Who cares? There little moaning little bitches. Ill give em some ting to moan about:D They dont matter, actually in about 30 seconds their not even gonna be matter...

As far as Simmons and Big Show is concerned: Ok, Simmons was a influencial character, he was one of the most remembered African Amerian champions of all time, but why on earth is Bradshaw thinking cos hes in cohoots with Simmons that he can push his weight around. BULL :mad: Big Show backstage has been a good sport reciently. Why not let him exert a little bit of authority? I think it was wrong for Simmons to shut Wrigth down

Hanza

There was no storyline to the entire InVasion angle and the booking was messed up beyond belief. Given with what they had to work with, RVD and Jeff put on deadly matches that year. When you saw the millionth awesome Angle/Benoit match, when it got going, did you actually care about the storyline behind it?

I didn't think so :)
    Secondly, Simmons is in the business a lot longer than Captain Insano! I think Wight might be getting a little too big for his boots in thinking he can assume he's a future Locker Room leader for Smackdown.

Nero

Dispite what anyone believes, locker room authority is not just about practical jokes and ribbing. Its an important status. Due to Takers absence and the brand split, since April 2002 the locker rooms have been a bit of a mess.

At the moment on Smackdown Simmons, Bradshaw, Angle and Taker(when hes there) are the figure heads, however... people are wondering the the smackdown guys will follow takers advice following Wrestlemania.

On Raw, oh my god... its a mess. Jericho seems to be rallying the RAW stars after standing up to whats his name last year. HHH and Michaels are Kind of alienated (from what Ive heard) due to Trips ego. Aparently, hes just ingnored. If im wrong, Im wrong. But thats what Ive heard. Part from Flair, I cant see to many strong willed traveled Veterans to lead the younger lions.

I think they need to all reach an agreement, before the WWE braeaks down form inside out.

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Yeah we are losing one of the best. Whos Taker gonna fued with now?
    I'd like to think that it is just a clever little ploy dreamt up by Vince its seems pretty convincing that he is leaving.

He's probably doing it for the money aswell i'd say he scoop a lot more dough in the NFL than he would in the WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Good price from Wade Keller Part 1 of 2:

After spending most of the day on the phone today talking to people in WWE and
    exchanging emails with people in WWE, I haven't found one person say they are
    sad to see Brock Lesnar quit WWE. That really says something about the level
    of respect people within WWE have for Brock. The reasons for the lack of
    sadness for his departure, though, vary greatly. First, here are the reasons
    I've heard for his decision to quit, in the order of most-to-least influential
    in his decision:

1 - The travel schedule of WWE was more than he could handle. He is a farm boy
    used to a more simple lifestyle. He just didn't enjoy never being home and
    waking up different hotels all the time.

2 - He didn't have a passion for the pro wrestling industry. Remember, he was
    an amateur wrestler who despised pro wrestling until he realized it was a
    great chance to make money. Once he began making good money, he reached the
    pinnacle and was miserable with the lifestyle.

3 - He thinks he has a chance to be an NFL star. This plays into what
    colleagues say is a growing ego in Lesnar, who everyone believes is a decent
    guy but with maturity issues since he's always been coddled by others as the
    "team captain" and top jock of his peer groups. The NFL would give him that
    atmosphere again, and the prestige he misses from being part of a "real sport"
    and a "real team atmosphere." Plus, the money would make up for what he is
    sacrificing by quitting his WWE job.

4 - He felt he wasn't appreciated enough and that he was getting messed with
    by management. Multiple people had told me in recent weeks and even more today
    that he was not at all happy about losing the WWE Title to Eddie Guerrero.
    Lesnar wanted to a long, uninterrupted title reign. Losing to a "little guy"
    who had "never been on top before" was a blow to his ego. Colleagues say he
    had gotten a big head gradually over the last 18 months, coinciding with his
    improvement in the ring and behind the mic. He really felt he was being
    demoted when he worked supporting matches on the South African tour against
    Bob Holly while Eddie Guerrero headlined against Kurt Angle.

5 -- He was embarrassed that house show attendance shot up after he lost the
    title to Eddie Guerrero. After second-guessing Guerrero's title win, having
    Guerrero be an early success as champion, at least in terms of house show
    walk-up ticket sales

5 -- He wasn't excited about facing Undertaker after WrestleMania. Taker had
    told some people that he was going to set Lesnar straight and humble him, not
    in terms of shooting on him in the ring since Taker knows that wouldn't be
    wise, but in terms of showing him up in front of colleagues if he didn't show
    respect to him as a long-term veteran in the locker room.

6 -- He was concerned about the wear and tear on his body. He didn't want to
    end up crippled or unable to walk by age 35 or 40. Without an off-season in
    pro wrestling, he saw no light at the end of the tunnel for letting his body
    recuperate. He also had too much pride to phone it in to protect his body in
    the long run. He showed the level of pride he has at WrestleMania last year
    when he risked his neck to deliver "something special" at WrestleMania.

7 -- He felt he had nothing left to prove. He has always been part of
    competitive athletics and there was always another championship to strive for
    or a winning streak to continue. In pro wrestling, he had reached the top and
    now perceived that he was being pushed down. Not that he felt like a failure,
    but he felt that there was nowhere to go but down and then back to where he
    had already been. He wanted a new challenge.

Other questions are being asked:

QUESTION: Will this change plans for Goldberg? Will WWE offer Goldberg a new
    deal, perhaps passing along some of the money reserved for Lesnar to Goldberg?

ANSWER: Sources say no. The Goldberg departure isn't based on differences in
    number of dates each wants in the contract,
    money, or even creative issues. It has to do with Goldberg's heart not being
    into pro wrestling and that stunting his ability to
    dedicate himself to getting as good as he needs to be behind the mic and in
    the ring to be a headliner for WWE. Bottom line: Goldberg is still leaving.

QUESTION: Will this change the finish of the match at WrestleMania XX?

ANSWER: Probably. I believe Brock Lesnar was scheduled to win, but I haven't
    confirmed that 100 percent. With both wrestlers leaving, the feeling is that
    the match will be booked to put Steve Austin over (not in the sense that he
    scores a pinfall, but so that he looks like a bigger star than them). There
    will be sacrificing Austin to make either Goldberg or Lesnar look good.
    Because Lesnar has a better chance to returning to WWE than Goldberg on a
    regular basis in the future, Lesnar won't be buried. The finish of the match
    became much more intriguing to wrestlers themselves, eager to see how WWE
    handles this. I do think this could change the placement of the match on the
    card, although because Austin is involved, it won't be the first
    match.

Part 2 or 2

QUESTION: Is this a work to create more interest in WrestleMania?

ANSWER: No. It's a logical thought, but all indications are that just isn't
    what is happening here. Lesnar has been miserable for months. He didn't buy a
    plane as part of a scheme to fool internet wrestling fans into thinking a few
    weeks later he really quit. Lesnar didn't lie to the entire locker room of
    peers with the blessing of management to try to eek out a few extra buys from
    people who only weren't buying WM20 because they "knew Lesnar was beating
    Goldberg, but now aren't so sure."

QUESTION: Will Lesnar return to WWE some day? If so, when?

ANSWER: Nobody knows, not even Lesnar himself. Lesnar is indicating to the
    locker room that he is done with wrestling for good. Few believe it, though.
    Management assumes he'll seriously consider returning if his NFL career
    doesn't work out. Lesnar is not a big name without any talent. He has a
    natural aptitude for pro wrestling. He arguably had become a great wrestler
    and a great interview in recent months. He won't walk away from a potential
    huge one-day payday in the future if his NFL aspirations fizzle.

QUESTION: Is management really upset at Lesnar for walking out on them after
    all they invested in him?

ANSWER: Absolutely, but they also understand that he isn't making this
    decision lightly. He tried to make things better for himself by buying himself
    an airplane to travel to shows. It just wasn't enough. His anxiety was boiling
    over. If the travel schedule wasn't for him, then there's nothing he can
    really do about it. WWE doesn't want someone working for them who is
    miserable. I've been flat out told that considering all circumstances, and the
    tension between Lesnar and management in recent weeks, they are separating on
    good terms. There isn't overt bitterness on either side. Instead, it's a
    mutual agreement that Lesnar couldn't go on the way things here.

QUESTION: How are wrestlers reacting to Lesnar's announcement?

ANSWER: Mixed. Here are samples of quotes from my notes and emails today from
    active WWE wrestlers and other WWE staffers...

-"Good riddance. He had the world handed to him and doesn't know what he has.
    I don't buy that he's cracking under pressure. So many people have undergone
    the same schedule as he has for much longer. He was a spoiled brat. He's going
    to fail at football and then come crawling back."

-"He was taking money out of the pot that he had nothing to do with drawing."

-"If he had been red hot and selling out arena's, it might be a different
    story, but he wasn't."

-"Wrestling is a weird business. We claim there's a brotherhood, but there
    really isn't. Nobody really enjoys this business except for a few. I
    absolutely hate the business myself, the whole mindset that 24 hours a day
    you're playing poker. It's like Survivor, who can outwit, outplay, outsurvive
    60 or 80 other guys. A lot of people can't take that. Brock was one of them
    who couldn't."

-"When you've made the amount of money he has in such a short time, why keep
    living the pro wrestling lifestyle if you're miserable,"

-"He pissed on everyone here by walking away. We put him over. We made him a
    star. It was us doing jobs for him and selling for him and teaching him the
    last two years. And he walks away from it just when he gets to the top. He's
    pissing on us."

-"I wonder how Bob Holly feels. He lost a year of his career to a guy who just
    wanted to 'play wrestling' and try it out for a couple years."

-"God bless him. He made his money. I'm sure he has enough 'f---you' money to
    last a long time. If he didn't enjoy it, I credit him for getting out now when
    he's still young. There aren't that many wrestlers who like the lifestyle, but
    most let their careers define them and would never quit if there was still
    money to be made or fame to have. The general consensus is how could he? The
    last thing most of us can imagine doing is walking away."

-"I take offense when someone isn't here because they love it. My livelihood
    depends on the dedication of the top guys here. I don't want you around if you
    don't want to be here and don't have a passion for what you're doing."

MY THOUGHTS:

I respect Lesnar for walking away for the reasons he is rather than living a
    miserable existence, but I don't blame his colleagues
    (soon to be former colleagues) for their bitterness. What Lesnar did was get a
    taste of what most of his colleagues want to achieve, and then he spit it out.
    Of course that's going to offend other wrestlers, especially those who
    directly and indirectly
    sacrificed to make him a top star.

But if he was miserable, he wasn't doing anyone any good by delaying the
    inevitable. He should leave. More than one wrestler told me he obviously isn't
    getting good veteran advice, because if he was, he would have waited to quit
    until after getting his WrestleMania check. If his WM20 check was going to be
    between $300,000 to $600,000, you can cut that in half now. PPV payoffs are
    arbitrary. They have to do with how well the event draws and your place on the
    card and whether Vince McMahon and Jim Ross value you at the moment. There is
    wiggle room, and Lesnar just wiggled his way to the lower end of the payoff
    spectrum.

Lesnar didn't fit in, for whatever reason. Maybe he rejected and then
    withdrew. Maybe perceived that he was too small town and everyone else was big
    city. Maybe he is just immature and couldn't handle the pressure of everyone
    relying on him to deliver day after day without any breaks.

This whole situation does cause me to bring up something I've been advocating
    for many years now - mandatory time off each year. I've run it by a number of
    wrestlers over the years, and most (but not all) like the concept. The concept
    is, WWE management requires wrestlers to take off at least one month twice a
    year, or perhaps as much as a full two month stretch once a year with a couple
    two week vacations thrown in. Wrestling careers last longer than the careers
    of other athletes. There is no offseason. The only time off is for injuries,
    hardly a relaxing time for wrestlers. Unlike movie stars and other
    entertainers, there are no longer breaks between the exhaustive stretches of
    work.

WWE would be better off in the long run with a mentally refreshed group of
    wrestlers. The best way to do that is to give them extended breaks. They would
    return with recharged batteries and better attitudes. They could get elective
    surgeries or just let nagging injuries rest. They could spend time with their
    families rather than face the stress of loved ones who never get to go on
    extended vacation with them, or just sit around the house and be lazy and
    watch American Idol or rent movies without worrying about needing to pack bags
    and do laundry and see the dentist.

WWE would need to force everyone to take time off - more time could be given
    to veterans, less to rookies, but everyone should get large chunks of time
    off. You shouldn't have to reach the tenure of Undertaker before getting a
    chance at a breather. Wrestlers deserve to have lives outside of wrestling.
    The current schedule doesn't allow for that. It's inhumane, but for those with
    a passion for wrestling, they have no other choice.

WWE should give them a choice. By forcing everyone to do it, it wouldn't turn
    out to be a loyalty test so that those who took
    vacations would be seen as non-team players. WWE has enough talent where they
    could work the absences of wrestlers into storylines. Explanations wouldn't be
    needed for lower card wrestlers.

Brock Lesnar burned out. If he had two months off in October and November last
    year, would WWE be facing this crisis? I doubt it.

That said, I don't consider this a crushing blow to WWE. They have a lot of
    underutilized talent that can fill his slot. Are they better off with Lesnar?
    Yes. But it wasn't until Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels left that Steve Austin
    and The Rock had he opening. They seized it. Had Kevin Nash and Scott Hall not
    jumped to WCW, would Vince McMahon have taken the chance and pushed Mick Foley
    or The Hardyz during the hardcore TLC era? Lesnar's departure means WWE will
    have to give someone else an opportunity. As long as it's not Sting or Hulk
    Hogan or Lex Luger (and it won't be any of them), and as long
    as it's not Billy Gunn or Test (it probably won't be), but instead is a chance
    for Edge, Matt Hardy, Christian, Lance Storm, Danny Basham, Doug Basham,
    Shelton Benjamin, Sean O'Haire, Charlie Haas, or or Rikishi (okay, not
    Rikishi), then WWE will be just fine. Perhaps better.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by SteM
    he was not at all happy about losing the WWE Title to Eddie Guerrero.
    Lesnar wanted to a long, uninterrupted title reign. Losing to a "little guy"
    who had "never been on top before" was a blow to his ego.

That's very arrogant on Lesnars part in my honest opinion. Eddie Guerrero has done way more for the world of Professional Wrestling than Lesnar ever could! Just because he didn't have the big strap, he held every other one! And in ten years time, Guerrero will still be spoken about, whereas all Lesnar will probably be remembered for was squasing The Rock and botching a Shooting Star Press.

Sorry, I'm not a fan of either to be honest, but respect is due for all Guerrero has done over the years.

Nero

Who are your favourite stars of today Nero?

Just wondering... oh, and of course, WHY?

Hanza

I'd much rather see Guerrero work a match than Brock. I thought Wade had a good point for making wrestlers take time off to cutdown on burnout..

Before i start, it should be noted that I don't rate workers on how many belts they've had, i rate them on their contributions.

On The Smackdown side, the cruiserweights have grown on me in recent months, it's great to see the likes of Mysterio, Ultimo Dragon and yes, even Chavo Guerrero, but Chavo's mic skills are dire and hence he won't hold without Eddie. What Vince has against the lightweights is beyond me.

Angle and Benoit would probably be my two faves on Smackdown (before Benoit moved to RAW), whereas the move has, and if used correctly, will benefit Benoit, there's never a time where I won't appreciate an Angle V Benoit match, that angle saved 2001 as far as the WWE goes.

On The RAW side, Chris Jericho is someone i've always appreciated, even the WCW work i've seen, which tends to piss me off all the planks who claim Michaels carried him at last years Wrestlemania. He's a guy who's been stuck with midcarders for the last year or so and has gotten no credit for his achievements over the years. (Note to Lesnar, you don't see Jericho whinging and legging it off to do NFL or Hockey et al!) RVD is amazing but as i've stated before, he's bored, lethargic and has no motivation as he pretty much knows he's on the verge of midcard for life, if he isn't already. :(

And of course, Jeff Hardy is always welcome back in my books as long as he puts his effort in :)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

this is good hes leaving hes only 23 or 24 and has a life ahead, as wade said he had nowhere to go but down a few years bilding a name in football and back to wrestling and hell be worth a lot of money lets see next years wm he could be special guest ref, eddie is a better champ and has more love for the bisness he benoith or hhh wont walk out to do movies or play football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

He's actually 26 or 27.
    He was born in 1977!

I think he'll end up back in wrestling eventually. My guess is:

- He takes a few months off.
    - The football tryouts don't go well - although he's a big bloke he's never played pro football so there's no reason to think they will.
    - In 12 months time he'll be back in the WWE at less money than he currently is.

I guess if he want's out of the 5 years left on his contract he'll be given a 'no compete clause' so he can't go and wrestle for another promotion? I've not seen this clarified anywhere yet

I just got the chance to read that huge interview. Thanks to StEm for posting it. Nice one dude ;) I have no respect for Lesner.

He is a little brat. Look at what WWE offered him. If they gave anyone that had passion a chance like that they would imbrace it like no one even could imagine. Look at Matt Hardy when they let him run with the Cruiser weight title. Look at those excellent matches. Imo the cruiser weight title match agenst Mysterio last year was the sh1t. It felt like a title match, like somthing important was really on the line and they both faught tooth and nail for the crowd.

I dont care what Lesner did for WWE at this stage. He just pissed all over the dignity left in wrestling. He pissed all over everyone that put him where he is, and that includes some of my idols, not just in wrestling, but in my life. And that feels like he has pissed on me personally. Worst of all, he turned on his fans, something that at one stage i could say with my head held high.

Ill never have any respect for what he does ever again. Did he really think he was bigger then WWE?

Lesner... I would love for you to read this, you are just a flash in the pan. You'll be forgotten in a months time. We have turned our backs on you, as much as you have turned your back on us. And when you gave us those middle fingers at WM, 3 of the biggest wrestling fans i know, that watched your carrer from the start , gave you the double fingers right back, and ment it!

Hanza

Who p*ssed in your cornflakes!:eek:
    Seriously. You should be cutting promos!;)

• Advertisement

Sorry, I just get really anoyed when something im passionate about gets screwed around with and I am very angry with immature little arse clowns, like Lesner.

Mabey I went over board... so sorry, and why yes thank you for noticing, I do cut my own promos:)

For a DVD of Hanza's greatest promos, send a stamped addressed evelope to:

Hanza
    Sad bastards lane
    My moms basement
    Co. Somewhere outside Dublin

Hanza

Throw in some of that Porn you keep talking about and hell - I might just be interested!;)

Forget writing promos, get him to take the place of Gewirtz and Hayes for writing for RAW! :)

Nero

Originally posted by Hanza
    For a DVD of Hanza's greatest promos, send a stamped addressed evelope to:

Hanza
    Sad bastards lane
    My moms basement
    Co. Somewhere outside Dublin

Hanza

Another Bray man then.
    Nero

Worse then Bray...

MEATH! :eek:

ME? Write for Raw! Sounds good! Oh and I promise not to give Trish the worlds title! I doubt I can possibly do any worse then what they are doing at the moment! Actually... they could employ Russo again... I swear, if I see that ever happening, I hope its followed by me waking up screaming!

Hanza

Thats the sad thing, employing Russo again might actually improve things!
    Nero

• Advertisement

Apparently he's a reformed character at TNA. Didn't I read that he found God or something?

To be honest I haven't seen any of it. Never saw him on screen in WCW either - I'd givin up on that promotion by the time he joined it!

Throw in some of that Porn you keep talking about and hell - I might just be interested!
    I mentioned the porn twice.

And are you trying to say my promos arent good? :) Im offended!

Anyway back to the subject in hand. I think Lesner is childish and thats why I got all upity and bitchy about it. Like I said, I do care what happens in wrestling, cos I look at things on an epic scale, where everything that happens should have a meaning and benifit the future. This leaves the future very uncertin, love or hate Lesner, a key player of his standard is a major loss.

Plus, as far as the future goes.... (RAW SPOILER BELOW)

Im worried about this new brand split. Something as big as this, on a long term basis can either fly like a eagle or sink like a stone. Its gonna be like when the brand split first started. The storys running where unfinished and people didnt know where to go.

Its no good saying that great Jericho and RVD should go to Smackdown, because both the shows are going to be totally different. And I dont think the champions should vacate their titles, then the next champs wont be the real champs due to the fact that they never beat the former holders. The WWE(formerly Smackdown) tiotle should go to RAW, IC World Tag and Womens should stay. Keep the US Cruiser weight and move the Worlds title to Smackdown. Does anyone see the pattern? WWE titles on RAW, WCW on Smackdown.

Im not gonna try and predict the outcome of the new split. BUt at this stage the old brand extention kinda looked likes an experiment now, and this will have all the right ideas and they will have learned from the mistakes they made with the current split. It could be a very good move. Lets wait and see...

Kinda went off on a tangent there, but does anyone have any thoughts?

Hanza

Originally posted by SteM

I guess if he want's out of the 5 years left on his contract he'll be given a 'no compete clause' so he can't go and wrestle for another promotion? I've not seen this clarified anywhere yet

i wonder if this does happen does he get paid for the duration of his contract? if that is the case that will piss of the wrestlers even more.

"He pissed on everyone here by walking away. We put him over. We made him a
    star. It was us doing jobs for him and selling for him and teaching him the
    last two years. And he walks away from it just when he gets to the top. He's
    pissing on us." btw - anyone else think this might be bob holly

• Advertisement

As far as Russo goes, all joking aside, this is what I think.

When something is wrong with WWE. The first thing everyone says is: WHY ARE U DOING THIS "VINCE McMahon!" What does Vince McMAhon actually have to do with it? He is actually only a face of authority that is the public persona for wrestling fans behind WWE. Like he said in Bewyond the Mat, there are 2 Vince McMahons, Vince the Chairman, and Vince the entertainer. Why do we think Vince the entertainer is the only power behind WWE. The board of directors is actually real :) One man, no matter how powerful can "NOT" control a conglomertae that size. He isnt head of creative or talent relations. Ok, so the person himself may like to sway things his way for personal reasons, but anyone would in a position like that!

When we blame vince, its a quick way of saying were blaming a mixture of so many factors in WWE. When we say Vince sould get more talent, were really saying send the WWE talent scouts to a ROH and TNA show.

But with Russo its differnet! Russo is very powerhungry, he is a wrestling fan, which IMO is the problem. Get a fan and give him unlimited power to do what he wants. More tits, more ass, more sexual inudendos, more menaingless violence, unclassy acts.... what ever he wants. Russo is a good name for TNA, but when is he gonna run it into the ground?

Plus what did he think wearing AJs world title would achieve. Thats the best example of his power mongery! It couldnt have achieved anything, but he wanted to wear a nice shiny title around his waist. Especially one with as much prestiege as the origional NWA title. AJ was a no body until Russo offered him the title if Russo himslef could wear it. Thats a fact. But I will give Russo props there, he did create the AJ most of us love today.

BTW I said all this in a cool collected manor, these are points Ive been adimnet and Ive felt this way for a while! Im not shouting all this as I type with a flustered red face... So I better not hear anyone asking me who deposited bodily fluids in my prefered breakfast meal! :)

Hanza

it struck me when i was watching a bit of TNA that the title belt looks crap in comparison to wwe titles. i presume that this belt goes back years yea, or was it only introduced at TNA's inception. they really need a nicer looking belt imo

Ahw!:(
    *sulks in corner!*

Agreed that the belt isnt the best looking, but it is the oldest modeled belt in history. The reason they didnt change it was because of its heratige, It was the WWE title of its time, u wore that and you were the best in the world. Race, Flair, Rogers, they all wore the same belt.

Ive always been big into the heratige aspect of wrestling, so I think using the origional NWA title belt was a great idea. You have a REAL legend like Dusty Roads on TNA every week, talking about the golden age of wrestling and how that belt was the ultimate honour... now that gives TNA the prestige it needs.

If I was a wrestler, I would love to get that belt around my waist, its mightnt look pretty, but man... what it stands for is monumental. :)

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

there are two roosos the caracter we all hear about who sunk wcw but he wrote good storys but the wrestlers wouldnt sell them and wanted them changed so nobody had to job and rooso let them do it.

AND THE REST!
    Viagra On a Pole match?
    OK anyone? Anyone remember OK? Oaklahoma? Pretty much what Coach ripped off last year.

The Kiss Demon was also quite bad.
    Nero

Advertisement