Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is it with the champions league and **** referees?

• 10-03-2004 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭

Salgado should have been sent off in the Real match and the ref has done nothing.

Refereeing in the Utd match last night was **** too.

What is the story with it?

Dont know what it is like in the Arsenal match or Milan match but in this match, he is pants. Totally pants.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You have to see the highlight of the Monaco match, Morientes goal was as clear as anything but it was disallowed for offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Its done to make it more interesting;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

The referee in the Bayern match was a ****ing jackass!

Michelangelo, don't you want Madrid to win the CL?

BTW - Its amazing the only match with no complaints is the Arsenal one which is being reffed by Colina.:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Actually Collina missed a massive howler - Cavallero did a flying Cantona-style dragon kick into Bergkamp's upper chest with full studs in the penalty area, and he completely missed it. Clearcut penalty and red-card.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Yeah Colina was a class act again in tonight's game. Obviously it wasn't as highly charged a match as United or Madrid's tonight because Arsenal got the early goal but he gets 90% of the decisions correct and the players just completely respect him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Originally posted by kaids
    Actually Collina missed a massive howler - Cavallero did a flying Cantona-style dragon kick into Bergkamp's upper chest with full studs in the penalty area, and he completely missed it. Clearcut penalty and red-card.

yea that was a massive howler and would have given henry his hat trick but overall he was good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

whatever about the refs what about the linesmen. Juve were flagged offside at least 8 or 9 times when players were at worst level.

I agree the ref in the Real match was crap. He is the second worst that I have seen this season following the Primera Liga ref who gave real a penalty against Valencia when Raul was knocked over by a gust of wind, and who a week later didn't know who he was sending off in the Barca game.

Also I think that at next years Oscars best actor should go to Solari.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Exactly the linesmen lets not forget the most important one when Scholes scored and he was flaged offside. That was the worse decision i have ever seen and with out a doubt Man U would have went though if it wasnt for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Are you serious, how can you say that Man u would have went through without a doubt if they had scored a second ?

At 2-1 it would have been all square and if it was 1-1 in extra time porto would have went through on away goals...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

I dont think they woulda scored if man u had been 2-0 up. Man u woulda defended a little calmer as they wouldnt have lost the match if a goal went in so wouldnt have been as panicky. Also i think Man u woulda won in extra time. Now that said we'll never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

I agree i don't think Porto would have scored if Man U had scored a second goal.
    If that second goal was allowed it would have taken the sting out of Porto and showed that there not even that good a side. It was Man U's woeful playing in the first leg that made them look good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

if it was 1-1 in extra time porto would have went through on away goals

Is that true? I was under the impression that in extra time away goals no longer counted

Originally posted by The Phenom
    it would have taken the sting out of Porto and showed that there not even that good a side.
    How many times do I have to say this. They bloody well are a good side. WOW, they don't have many big names, so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

they are a good team. they have alot of brilliant players but they arent very well known.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Why is it that Porto are considered such a good team?

You saw Man United's preformance aginist them in both legs.
    If they had been playing Arsenal, Real or Milan they would have been ripped to shreads, yet Porto were only able to win on a late lucky goal.

They got a very lucky draw againist Lyon, and it'll be a very close match, but come semis they are gone in a second

They had a load of players unavailable for the United matches and can;t just be judged on those performances.
    but come semis they are gone in a second
    I really doubt it and I definitely wouldn't bet against them beating Milan/Deportivo if they get that far.

Advertisement