Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**IMPORTANT** Australia tax Refund Year Ending June 2002

Options
  • 10-03-2004 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭

"Urgent Attention to All Travellers
    As you are aware, our firm (John Rowles & Associates) processed your Income Tax Return for the year ended 30th June 2002 and the Australian Taxation Office deemed you to be a non resident for income tax purposes based on your Tax File Number and Visa Type.
    Following pressure from various groups, the ATO has partially changed their interpretation of ''Non Resident'' if the taxpayer meets certain criteria, and so, we are now in the process of lodging amended returns for these clients.As most of you are no longer in Australia and so will have closed your Australian Bank Account, and will no longer have an Australian address, could you kindly inform us by email where to forward the resultant refund arising from this amendment.
    After receiving many requests to obtain a refund of superannuation for our clients, we contracted the services of Peter Colbert of Travellers 18-30 to attend to the superannuation refunds (subject to your agreement by Power of Attorney).
    At no time, was Mr Peter Colbert authorised to handle ANY Financial or Taxation matters on behalf of clients of John Rowles & Associates, therefore, when completing the Power of Attorney, you should cross out and initial all references to ''Australian Income Tax'' before signing.
    While you are entitled to use any Tax Agent of your choice, unfortunately Mr Colbert has been using information supplied by us for superannuation reclaim purposes, to lodge amended 2002 Tax Returns. However if you wish Mr Colbert to attend to your income tax matters, you should give us express permission to pass your records over to him for that purpose.

If you have any further queries in relation to this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards,

John Rowles & Associates"

Alot of people got screwed in getting a tax refund for this perticular year, i used John Rowles as did many people in Sydney at the time,
    Got a 2nd email from them asking me to tell anyone that has used them to get in contact as most emails that they have are inactive,
    So if you used John Rowles email this asap,

Or my advice is if you used any other agency get in contact with them asap, or tell friends as alot mightnt know they they might be entited to a further refund,

I will keep you updated on what I am told from John Rowles,

Mods you might want to sticky this as it may effect alot of people

Cheers
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Whatever about this Peter Colbert chap, make sure to reassure yourself that this e-mail isn't fraudulent itself (especially when they start asking for credit card details ;)).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

got me cheque today geezers!

$1220 AUD , not bad since i wasnt expecting much!

about 750 odd yoyo's

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

i entered my tax number on the Australian Tax office website earlier today and i found out that my tax number brought up 4 different superannuation funds that i paid into. i dont know how much money it involves but i would like to find out. The only option on the website to find this out was to ring each superannuation provider. My question is do any of you know of any reputable company that can find out that info for me.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

use the place i did mate,
    John Rowled in sydney , they are the best i have heard of,

dont have their email now , will will post email addy when i am back online sunday if u want,

Advertisement