Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

irishsongwriters.net

• 11-03-2004 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Did you know that irishsongwriters.net run an open mic night in Wicklow Sailing Club Wicklow town. Where songwriters can come and perform their original songs to an apperciative audience.
    You can also get info on how we operate and what we're all about.
    just go to www.irishsongwriters.net and have a look.

Later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭frost

ok, first i'll be upfront about my bias: i'm connected to irishsongwriters.net -- i help out with the microphones and cables at the open mic nights.

so, that said, i'm still gonna recommend it, for both songwriters and people who want to listen to them (like me).

i've been to every open mic night in wicklow and one in tinahely, and the standard is really good - always at least one or two who are as good as any signed pro, and a lot of others also very listenable too. not all the stuff is something i'd listen to for a whole night, but the great thing is you get a little taste of each.

many are good enough that i'd buy CDs from them if they were offered. there are some regular performers, and every night a few new faces.

there's been nothing like this in wicklow in my memory, and it really is a great (and cheap --- no cover!) night out.

mike

Advertisement