Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remember That Reaperbot Challenge...

Options
  • 29-06-2001 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭

I remember a few years ago, I think Cloud put a challenge up on his site as to who could get the highest score against four skill 1 reaperbots in DM4 with a timelimit of 5 minutes. Anyhow I was really bored today and got a highest score of 50 frags. I have demo recorded (and no I didn't mess around with any hostframerate settings...) Does anyone remember what the highest score was years ago (or would anyone care to try and beat 50 ??) I was using WinQuake with Reaperbots version 0.8

Slán,
    jAH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

my best was 64 if i remember right

RentZ

(i think koopa got into the 90's)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i think i remember reading on one of those old new websites that Skulker got the highest score... not sure tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i had the highest score

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Heh,

If i remember well, a few people were found cheating using timescale settings and their entries were disguarded. Damo, you didn't have the highest. You wern't even in the competition.

The OFFICIAL Final rankings were -

CW] Tomb 53
    [CW] VonSwine 49
    Verb [Fen] 48
    GItoilet 47
    Predator 45
    Ron[Abat] 42
    GICloud-Warrior 41
    [ZT]TrojaN 41
    Strontium Dog 22

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

i did get the highest but it obviously wasnt posted up wherever you got those statistics from

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

That is the official and final scores. I got it off the GI site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

i never actually entered this competition because i didnt even hear about it until months later, i didnt play on the net back then, used to play lan rocket-arena a lot though

anyway the settings are ****ed, skill 1 reaper bots auto-adjust their skill based on how well you do against them, so if you shotgun the bots well, they'll shotgun you well, etc.

settings should have been skill "1.1" or something

[This message has been edited by Koopa (edited 03-07-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭DemonBaby

I got 48.
    But didnt enter competion.
    Nemesis.
    Tried it every lunchtime for about 2 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

do a new quake 3 challenge with bots on hurt me plenty on q3dm1 or something or u versus 15 xaero bots on i can win for 5 mins on q3dm6

Thats ridicilous, nobody beats subzero

Advertisement