Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no qw in lanfest!

Options
  • 03-07-2001 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

plz note: this post is aimed more at galway ppl, but read it anyway.

im mad ****ed off with them eejits in lanfest. First of all they go and replace quake 3 with operation flashpoint on all their systems(its a good game but why did they have to replace q3?), then i suggest quakeworld to they guy who works there. the di<khead thought it was q3 and said "That games for losers, nobody plays it", many a time have i been there and there were a few ppl who used to play it. Second most popular game behind cs it was in lanfest (clan video to the newbies) then they removed it. I was there the other night expecting a good few ppl to be there but it was almost empty. All we fukin played was cs and day of defeat, and there was only 3 of us, 4 when the guy behind the counter joined in and he was really sh1+. I said to him that they should install qw or q3 on a few machines as quake is more playable whith less players than those hl mods. He didn't seem to understand. Then i started playing tf 1.5 on one machine, the guy working there came over to me and said what the fu<k is that? I mean, he never fu<king heard of team fortress before!! What kind of fu<king fu<wits are working there, I know they used to employ #MEAT# but continuing the trend of employing idiots is thick. They don't have any version of quake on any machine, q3 is the most played fps on-line behind hl and its mods, most of the other games they think are cool in lanfest are games that hardly anyone plays. I'm sure they would get at least a few more customers if they installed qw and/or q3 on at least a few machines. Ronan if ur reading this plz take it into consideration, i remember years ago when lanfest was up in terryland and u had qw up and running and ur most played game was q3test, them were the days.

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Don't you find it a little to silly to be paying through the nose to use slow machines. For the love of god, they dont even have a reasonable connect to the outside world.

Rob.

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Robbo right ThrAx we should just stick to ur lan or possibly Doodee's or even #MEAT#'s when he drills a whole in his ceiling ffs!(It's for the patch cable) LANfest rips u off and we really shud stop goin there unless we know there be loadsm of ppl there like it was 2 weeks ago!

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

yeah they do rip ya off sometimes, but it only cost me £8 from 8:15 to 12:00 last saturday night, it was boring mind, with no quake and all. The machines there aren't slow though, they are all 800mhz p3's with geforce 2 cards. Some used to be slow, they've been replaced now though. The galway lan was almost held there, that would really have been crap.

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

vol if i get a new mobo, cpu and hd well have way better pc's than the ones in lanfest. u can bring up ur pc more often and we can use meats and doodees too. we could have weekly lan parties (maybe not u but we could)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

r u online now thrax? it's exactly 3:51 if u are get back to werk u fewl! I like the idea of weekly lan partys though!

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

• Advertisement

would u really be able to bring ur pc up from dublin weekly vol?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sure, we can have LAN's somewhere fairly regularly in Galway - once we have a place with power, we can do it. There's about 10 people who'd turn up regularly.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

i'm up for it anyway. I reckon it beats lanfest in terms of leeching and choice of games and price.

another thing, they should change the name from clan net games back to good old lanfest. That was a far cooler name, it represents wonderful times past, the time when lanfest was cheap and quake was the game. Or maybe we should start our own lan place and call it lanfest as clan no longer use that name. We could make it like a better version of the original lanfest. we could have qw on the machines and all! and we could make it cheap like the old lanfest was. C'mon galway ppl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

A few questions

a) Do you have money to start a Gaming Café??
    You need around £1000 per computer and also have to pay the monthly Heat light and Internet costs,not only that you also need customers,

B) Time to run it:
    You will be doing your L.C next year and if you r sensible then you will be studying so that you can go to a good collage/Uni
    who will run it if you aint there.... some1 with quals will want a high wage ??????
    Not only that but the upkeep of the machinery would require a Techy,

C)Sponsors, you will without a shadow of a doubt not have enough money, the bank would never lend it u so u might want sponsors, and they will want their Fees every year...

Also, u r the only PAying customer Beside Richard (And possibly Dav, I dont know what his demand for qw would be) that will go to lanfest to play the game.....Also you go to lanfest on a saturday night..thats just silly cause most of the Regualrs there would have gone out on the Friday and wouldnt want to spend anymore money until Monday (possibly Sunday for the cs night) as if they do well in Nascar 4 they could win emselves £40 quid and a years membership....

ya really have to look at this from ronin's point of View....if he doesnt get ppl playin Quake then whats the point of having it....
    operation Flashpoint is a deadly game first time off but it will soon be replaced with Max Payne or summin else...

• Advertisement

doodee u smackhead stop replying to ancient topics and no i never wanted to start a lan caf u tit. i said they should change the name u ****ey munkey. I meant we as in all the ppl going to the lan should have regular lans u know. Lanfest is just a kewl name that I think would be a good name for these regular lans

thats what i said to him and do you think he'd listen, NO

[This message has been edited by ThrAx (edited 11-07-2001).]

oh yeah and lanfest sucks ass anyway, unless ur a cs t0553r

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My point was, we'll be able to do it ourselves at some stage on a regular enough basis if we really want to - Power is the only concern.

Anyway, Clan is so frickin expensive - over £12 for 4 hours!?!?!?
    How is it that Net House, Net Shop and DNC can do 8 hours for £10???

There's gonna be loads of QW at the LAN in a couple of weeks, be prepared!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

yeah clan sux ass, why dont dnc or nethouse open up here? As long as we can have regular lans im happy and i dont care how many times ppl kick my ass at qw or q3 i'll still play and try not to get angry like some ppl i know.

Thats ridicilous, nobody beats subzero

Advertisement