Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE problems, including more on Lesnar

• 11-03-2004 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

OK there have been several problems reported about WWE

1. Last night’s events before the SmackDown tapings did not completely revolve around Brock Lesnar leaving the company. There were two incidents backstage that are well worth mentioning.

The first altercation was between the Big Show and Ron Simmons. Apparently Big Show has begun to consider himself the locker room leader for the SmackDown brand and has been doing things such as standing up to Johnny Ace. Yesterday nothing was different, as Big Show was making a point about something when Simmons basically told him to sit down and shut up. The two men faced off and had to be separated.

Torrie Wilson and Sable were involved in some sort of screaming match backstage that lasted for at least 30 minutes. Apparently the two were upset over something that started at a Playboy party that the women attended last weekend. Jim Ross and a production guy broke the two up.

2. It seems that Lesnar's announcement of his intentions to leave the WWE, came yesterday at the weekly pre-show talent meeting that are held for both of the brand shows.

He has stated that he is leaving, to pursue a career in the NFL. This comes after Lesnar revealed to co-workers that he has been very upset as of late about the direction of his character, and just generally feeling "burned-out" with the travelling etc. - more recently with the tour to South Africa.

As reported before as well, Lesnar was also not keen on being "fed" to the Undertaker after WrestleMania, especially when The Undertaker's old gimmick is all about "not selling" for the other wrestler.

Lesnar thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross, and Gerry Brisco for finding him "in college", and also gave thanks to both Paul Heyman and The Big Show for helping him with his wrestling career. He was said to be very emotional after the announcement, and at this point in time, it seems that WrestleMania 20 will be the last time we see Brock Lesnar not just in an WWE ring, but wrestling altogether.

There have been some questions raised if Brock Lesnar is actually quitting or whether him and Vince McMahon are working an angle to get at the wrestling news media on the internet. From what is known now, it is not an angle; however, in this business nothing is surprising. Everything should be taken in consideration when looking at Lesnar’s decision to leave WWE as it has been well known that he has been miserable as of late backstage.

Several people are surprised by Brock’s decision to tryout for the NFL considering that he is not even a football player. Stunned at his new career choice is said to be an understatement at this point.

Another question raised is how Brock’s decision will affect his girlfriend Sable. Sable was said to be less than happy backstage last night at the SmackDown taping. With Lesnar leaving WWE this really leaves a problem with how the Goldberg vs. Lesnar match is going to be booked at WrestleMania. With both of the individuals leaving, it is going to be very hard to determine the correct outcome.

Finally Lordsofpain.net have an article from foxsports.com detailing more of the NFL side of the story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Wow, never knew Brock was banging Sable! She's almost twice his age! ;)
    More power to him I guess.

I don't blame him for quitting if that's the direction they're taking with him. Underseller is going beyond the joke with the deadman gimmick again, yeah, it'll be cool for him for that entrance again, but if it means victory after victory for a last title reign for someone who can barely get to the ring without getting injured while Brock is still fresh as a daisy. I can completely understand his frustration.

If creative don't get their heads out of their holes, WWE will go down the pan pretty quickly :(

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i think thats off the mark about brock and sable, ive never read that anywhere else and afaik brock is married with a young baby of around 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Don't believe everything you read. We'll see at WMXX or Smackdown next week I suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

It does seem to be a work by Vince to give everyone leaking out info a dose of their own medicine , but i suppose if it was a work , would'nt somebody be leaking it out as one also ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

well if it was to be an effective work, id imagine only vince and brock would know it was a work.(possibly also JR & patterson etc) it could turn out it was to demonstrate his acting ability as everyone who was there seemed to believe it was real :)

Didn't they try this before a few months back with Undertaker saying he wasn't coming back as The Deadman?

Nero
    (PS: Yeah I know, i fell for that one, hook line and sinker!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I didn't know about Brock and Sable either!!

I thought i heard Michael Cole saying something about Brocks wife having a baby just around the time he became Champion for the 1st time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Didn't they try this before a few months back with Undertaker saying he wasn't coming back as The Deadman?

Nero
    (PS: Yeah I know, i fell for that one, hook line and sinker!)

Yeah, but there were a lot of people still convinced that the Deadman was going to return. There don't seem to be many that think Brock leaving is a work (but you never know).

The problem with having 'unbeatable monsters' Brock/Goldberg/Kane/Undertaker is that in sport everyone has to be beaten and everyone has to lie down sometime(Even 'Taker).

Brock beagan to believe his own hype and for a guy barley two years inn the business that's bad. Contrast him with Cena and Brocks attitude looks pretty poor, Cena works hard gets on with everyone and will job when required.

With SD loosing a major Heel and Raw a major Face there are big oppurtunities for some people to make a name for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by jongore
    With SD loosing a major Heel and Raw a major Face there are big oppurtunities for some people to make a name for themselves.

Well in releation to RAW, only if HHH hasnt crapped on them or he allows them to get elevated ;)

Originally posted by Cianan2
    I didn't know about Brock and Sable either!!

I thought i heard Michael Cole saying something about Brocks wife having a baby just around the time he became Champion for the 1st time.

Unless they've split since then (hey, look at Steve Austin, Jerry Lawler, Randy Savage et al.)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by jongore
    Brock beagan to believe his own hype and for a guy barley two years inn the business that's bad. Contrast him with Cena and Brocks attitude looks pretty poor, Cena works hard gets on with everyone and will job when required.

To be fair, while Lesnar may have bitched about certain decisions, he has always laid down and done the job whether he liked it or not. He put Eddie over, even though he disagreed with it.

He wasn't keen on putting Big Slow over in 2002 either, but did it, unlike Michaels who forfeited everytime he didn't want to do the job.

No wonder Shane Douglas and Bret Hart got so bitter afterwards.
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by Exit
    To be fair, while Lesnar may have bitched about certain decisions, he has always laid down and done the job whether he liked it or not. He put Eddie over, even though he disagreed with it.

True, but not cleanly. Goldbergs interference cost Brock the title implying that Eddie couldn't beat him without help.

Jobing is giving someone a clean win implying that they are better then you on the night.

Brock is still a relitive rookie and has not earned the right to refuse to job cleanly. The likes of HHH and UT have been in the industry for years although they rarely if ever job anymore they have earned the right, Brock has not.

(BTW I'm not a huge fan of HHH or UT as I think they're best years are behind them but no one can deny the contribution they have made to Pro Wrestling.)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Best thing to do is see if the house shows have been advertised on the WWE site to see if he's still being booked to appear, think the story ran on FOX sports so there may be some truth in it.

LOL... that was sarcasm... right?

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

No doubt Lesnar will be missed he brings some great stuff to the table. I mean he even tryed to put over Holly even though he was totally out of his league.

Brocks doing Sable lucky him age difference who gives a **** thats what i say.

And what the **** is this thing about Big Show thinking he's like looker room leader ha yeah right wait till Taker gets back he'll take him to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

Brock is gone and im glad, he never paid his dues.

Im sick of hearing people bash the Undertaker. I dont like the guy, he doesn't sale for others, but he will lose. Everyone I know, everyone on the internet said they want The deadman back.

Its what the casual fans want, and there is more casual fans than internet fans who think they are smart. Vince knows what sales, if you dont like the idea switch off. Thats your way of showing you dont like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 nitemonkey04

i was watching smackdown this morning and they were advertising
    the wrestlemania revenge tour and the during the advertising they didn't
    mention brock was going to be on the tour but they mention
    all the other smackdown stars.. so i think brock could be leaving for real
    then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

an unstoppable monster isnt ment to job, a man they are trying to bild the company around should look to the casoul fan to be unstoppable and when they give a cleen victiory itll meen something, eg when rock, taker and hogan gave brock cleen victiorys it elevated him, when big show gives a clean victory it means nothing because he gives them away freely. vince dosnt like his top men giving clean victorys thats why brock never gave any.
    who could have a problim with show being a locker room leader, hes payed his dues served his time and is a loyal wrestler

Advertisement