Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recieved ........

• 11-03-2004 2:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

I recieved my adsl modem and cables today from eircom its the eircom home plus package but how long will i be waiting for username and password and for my phone line to upgrade ? any ideas ................ thnx :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Presuming you've hooked it all up, has the DSL link light lit up? If it says your connected to the exchange i think you can just ring for your user name and password.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 flats

i don't know how long you have to wait to get on the exchange,
    but you should have got a letter from eircom with your modem.

This letter says that you will get your username in about 2 weeks by post.
    It also gives you a web address where you can retreive your username and password. All you have to do is supply your eircom account number and the phone number of the line that is being used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

don't mind that letter bull**** ring tech support and find out if the line is enabled. as logie says if it is enabled ring up and hassle sales or customer service for your user name password, don't be fobbed off, get who evers it is name and give em your number tell em you want ringing back before the end of the day.

and if they try to you you are not enabled when tech support say you are tell that doesn't matter and just get your username and password

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaaBoy

yea i had the modem from eircom and they told me it would be enabled til lprobably the end orf the week or so ( this was a tuesday) so i went up and hooked it up regardless and the dsl light came on when it was installed and i got connected straight away , very misleading but there u go , they have not got a clue at eircom . if i was you i'd try and get out of it before the contract kicks in .. get broadband with anyone but eircom .. i dont want to even get into the rpoblems i had with them . theyr tech support costed me a fortune really frustrating especially hwen the porblem turned out to be a problem on theyr server and nothing to do with my pc .

Advertisement