Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Irish Music

• 11-03-2004 3:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Could anyone tell me where to download some Irish Folk music? My Aunt loves it and, I can't find anything on KAZZA except Irish Rovers and she has all those.

My Aunt is in bad health and the music soothes her, I would to give her a couple of cd's full of tunes if I can find them.

Thank You very much for any help.
    FORDMAN

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I'll move this to Music/Radio. You might get a better response there.

I have connections with an Irish music site but I don't know if I can mention it as it might be seen as free advertising. See what everyone else says.

Also please read the charter of a board you are planning to post on in future, it's there to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Try out this album by De Dannan

It's a double CD, their greatest hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Seek out (the) horslips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 FORDMAN

Thanks for the reply and, I am truly sorry if I offended anyone. It won't happen again.

There was no offence, you were just looking in the wrong place.

• Advertisement

Thanks, couldn't find "The Horslips" on Kazaa

Try Amazon or the local record store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If your local library has a CD section, go there. My local library (Letterkenny) has an entire shelf of trad CDs, and I strongly recommend you try Altan and Matt McGrannaghan

Thank You Civilian, I'll try them. Where is Letterkenny? I don't think I'll find much Irish Music in the libraries here in Ohio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by FORDMAN
    Thank You Civilian, I'll try them. Where is Letterkenny? I don't think I'll find much Irish Music in the libraries here in Ohio.

You're in Ohio? Do you have a Borders bookstore near you? Last one I was in (in Maryland) had a large music section with an impressive Irish music section.

• Advertisement

Yes. Columbus, Ohio we have a couple of those book stores here, I'll check them out.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

for more energetic irish music, you should try bands like Kíla, and afro-celt sound system (think they're just called the afro-celts now). combine irish rhythms and instruments with african, asian rhythms and instruments

Dervish and Lunasa, and to a certain extent, Solas and Lir are more "traditional" modern trad bands, complete with sweeping atmospheric melodies, and energetic dance tunes, but with none of the diddley-eye crap you often get!

Advertisement