Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible Champs League draw

• 11-03-2004 3:41am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭

I know its tomorrow morning but what do people think are the teams to get or teams to avoid!?

I would like arsenal to get Lyon/Monaco/Porto in that order, but I would be happy with any of them to be honest

Teams to avoid really are Real Madrid and Ac Milan (especially AC)
    A big dark horse would be Depo
    and id like to avoid chelsea just cause they have to beat arsenal at somestage (16 games now without a win agianst the gunners)

saying that if they get a tough draw then bring them on!
    :ninja:

this thread is open to all, wouldnt want to leave man utd fans feel left out now do we :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I hope Arsenal draw one of the bigger teams, see what they are really capable off. With the confidence surrounding the team at the moment, they could take on anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

It could be

Eng team 1 v Eng team 2
    Spa team 1 v Spa team 2
    Fra team 1 v Fra team 2
    Por v Italian

That's something I would like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd like to see Arsenal playing against one of the "bigger" teams left in the draw, like Milan or Madrid, really test what they're made of, but failing that, I'd love to see Milan and Madrid play each other, they are the two best teams in Europe at the moment.

Also, I'd love it if Arsenal played Porto, then all you Arsenal fans who called the United fans moaners for giving out about the antics of the Porto players can eat your words. They are a bunch of cheats, plain and simple, and I'd like for some other team to find out first hand (I know Celtic already have).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by seansouth
    I'd like for some other team to find out first hand (I know Celtic already have).
    Which I believe was the reason Keane stepped on Vitor Baia. He faked injury when Celtic played Porto to waist time and we all know Keane is a Celtic fan. That is the only explanation I can think of for Keane's step.

BTW - How many matches does Scholes miss when United are back in Europe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭Michelangelo

Scholes only misses the one as far as I know.

I would love to see Arsenal take on Real Madrid.

It would be the best tie!!!!

I am praying this happens although I have a feeling it will not happen and that they will get Lyon or the other french cack team.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

ill get Lyon or the other french cack team.

whats with the anti-french remarks michelangelo
    are you dubya in disguise!?;)

I am a bit bemused in a way. I mean Lyon and Monaco are awful teams.

I am just wondering what the hell are they doing there in the last 8? Seriously, is nobody else shocked to see this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

I agree with jesus_thats_gre, mightn't be such a bad thing at all if we draw Milan or Madrid now, looks like this Arsenal team is starting to warm up again after grinding out some results at the turn of the year.

Oh and btw, if Porto had come to Higbury and performed as half-heartedly as they did on Tuesday night, Arsenal would have smashed them. Harsh but true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think the best team for Arsenal to play would be Departivo.

I don't think departivo are good enough to beat them, but if they play a team of this standard and style it will prepare them for Real Madrid.

However I dont know how they can prepare for AC Milan.

Lyon is the weakest team on the list, with Porto a close second.
    I wouldn't call Marseille a weak team tbh, I wouldn't think that anyone is a walkover at this stage.

Sayin that Porto are all cheats is just unfair.
    Alberto was diving about the place yes, just like Van Nis and Ronaldo used to.
    The referee is at fault, not the players. Its the job of the players to to try and win the game, job of the ref to keep it fair.

Sure Real Madrid are cheats too.
    Remember what happened in the World Cup in the corner, when Ronaldo went down for no reason and got a person sent off.
    All teams cheat(dive), its the job of the ref to sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by PHB
    Sure Real Madrid are cheats too.
    Remember what happened in the World Cup in the corner, when Ronaldo went down for no reason and got a person sent off.
    All teams cheat(dive), its the job of the ref to sort it.
    Don't give an innocent person a bad name, it was Rivaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'd rather Milan drew a big team myself, they can be slow to motivate themselves against the smaller teams.

Still though, can't see anyone beating them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Really? I could have sworn it was Ronaldo :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Aye, definitely Rivaldo. I remember it semi clearly... though my vision was slightly affected by the tears of laughter rolling down my face after he dropped like a sack of spuds :)

Ye defo Rivaldo. I remember he got hit in the leg and he held his face on the ground. Pretty funny actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

It was that ****ing cheat Rivaldo. piece of ****. IT WAS NOT FUNNY.
    the ban for the defender (think it was emre Asik) was never overturned either.
    and what did he get? a $11,000 fine. whupdidoo.

Arsenal should play Deportivo. get this spanish "monkey off our backs" for good. (quote from the N. Irl lad who scored for the first time in a fair bit.)
    knock 'em for 6. they were not that good against Juve. other than that.....Monaco. only got thru on away goals against 10man Moskva.

Advertisement