Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Convention for Net games

Options
  • 06-07-2001 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

My name is Donal Cotter and i am organising an event in cork and i was woundering if i could get feed back off u guys?

Cork is the home of two gaming associations that of CIT and UCC. For years UCC has been runing Cons and this year CIT intends to run one.

So we want you (cue Uncle Sams finger pointing) to help up. i was wondering if you would mind telling me if you were intrested in coming to Cork for an Almighty ****-up (and net game competition of course) if there was the following conditions:-

Date:- July-August 2002

Place:- Metrapol Hotel/WebWorkHouse (internet Cafe)

Cost:- £10-£20

Duration:- 48 hours straight (no breaks except when you want!)

Games:- Up to you to decide!

Prize:- Beer O.K.?

Computers:- Bring your own, or, use the computers supplied on the day (roughly the entery level spec computer of the time.)

Housing:- we will have places that you can book for the stay.

Also:- RPGing, Giant Jenga, Chill out Zone, Pub Quizs, Pub Crawls, Nites out, did i mention the pubs of Cork may be involved? Also i understand that it is nice to meet the person/s who kick your ass in Quake etc. every night.

P.S.S. :- If i am missing anything else you may want to know or any event you would like to see let me know? And please reply to here or my e-mail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

you should post this on the games/cs boards too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Wyrd

Is there anyone who actively sets up Cons for Computer Gamers in Ireland, ie, is there any one in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

another lan, my god

were having lan in galway too, a few of em i think...:?

This device complies with part 15 of the PCC rules. Ooperation is subject to the following two conditions:
    (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and
    (2) This device must accept any interference recieved, including muppetry from muppets which may cause undesired operation.

This is still far off in 2002 but it pays to get in early. Anyway is there anything wrong with all those social events? tongue.gif Also we want the Con to be more than just a lot of people in the same room playing computer games (not that there is anything wrong with that god knows) but we also want to get ye out into the city to drink find people to fall in love with etc. and game too.

For We Are Many

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wyrd:
    Is there anyone who actively sets up Cons for Computer Gamers in Ireland, ie, is there any one in charge?</font>

In Cork, Littletinyman has been the main lan-man lately, you can find him in #fortress.ie on irc.barrysworld.com or post on the CS board.
    Up in Dublin theres a few others who organise things, Mindphuck, quozl, Skyclad, etc if you want ideas, they'll have some
    there were a few lans organised in the webwhouse in the past, and they were successful but its not worth the hassle with the unfriendly staff and dodgy machine setups (eg, CS not running etc). I don't know if that has changed since the new competition moved in (Internet Exchange), that is where we have been going lately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wyrd:
    Date:- July-August 2002</font>

just noticed this...
    umm?

Yes i do plan ahead and that IS good. This way i can get a handle on numbers and arrange things to be ready and working properly for you guys just to be able to arrive and not worry about anything except games,women & beer (not in that order exactly but u get the point)

For We Are Many

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

Hey Donal Hows the form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Wyrd - I ran a similar LAN once in net house in Dun Laoghaire. It was great craic and I've been lookin around to try to do one again.

Net House are about to open in Cork and it looks like I will be going down there to set the place up so if you want to meet up to talk about it in around month mail me.
    Shadow@nethousegames.com
    wink.gif

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    games?

Advertisement