Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dance music software

• 11-03-2004 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭

does anyone know of any pc software that lets you make music on your pc? i got mixing software but im more interested in a beat box type program, any suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Although I've only played about with them, Rebirth and Reason 2 seem to be the main ones. Also try Fruity Loops. There are a few more, get all the demos and see which ones you like...

Have a look at some reviews: http://www.electronicmusic.com/features/reviews/software/

Which Mixing program do you use? I use Atomixmp3 - highly recommend it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if its just a drummachine you're looking for, rebirth 2.1 is what you need.
    an 808 & a 909 whose drum samples can be altered by the use of mods and a duo of 303s:)
    great program for getting started on, followed by fruityloops and then reason

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

thanks folks, started making a few beats already, its tough when mixing them together to find the right pattern so that they sound right, i gotta find a voice digitiser now to add some voice effects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Cakewalk Project5 is also a good alternative to Reason. It has an advantage in being able to use VST/DXi instruments greatly expanding your potential soundset (with many freebies too which is handy).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

cubase sx2, reason 2.5, recycle 2, soundforge 7, loads of vsti's

all you need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I've found soundforge good (I have v5 and 6, didn't know v7 was out). Powerful as hell. Never managed to get my paws on Reason, though it's the cream of the crop for what it does.

Is ReBirth just for drums?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by sceptre
    Is ReBirth just for drums?

No, if I'm not mistaken there's an 808, 909 and two 303's.
    Lots of bass sounds etc to play with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

rebirth is 2 303's an 808 and a 909. the 808 & 909 drum samples as well as the visual style can be altered via the use of mods.
    its a great program to start off with, i still use it to make filthy acid riffs for use in other apps:)
    there's also delay, distortion & a phase controllable filter to mess about with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

For the drum beats I love this program. It is a quality piece of sharewear.

You can create any kind of beats with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭mob

i use acid pro and fruity loops two decent and easy to use programmes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Get fruityloops 3. Make your loop in that. then use Sonic Foundry's Acid 4 to put your loops in order. Bang, your on yer way to stardom!

Advertisement