Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone else off drink for lent?

• 11-03-2004 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

I've decided to stop drinking for lent but Paddy's day is going to be a tough one to avoid I plan on working a 12 hour shift to keep me occupied

How is everyone else going about avoiding the beer on Paddy's day or am I the only one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

i was off it until i went to the boards beer and to watch the rugby on saturday, and now my best friend is 21 at the weekend. it's not going very well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

haha, I'm pretty serious about it and I think i'll last I might even throw in some excercise if I get the weather!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Yeah, I'm off drink for Lent too. Two weeks and one day to be precise! It's the fourth year in a row, I've gone off it!

--> Woo Hoo! Go Team Okie!! <--

I'm thinking about giving it a miss for St. Patrick's Day too, but that could all change. I'm getting used to not feeling shítty in the mornings, not spending a small fortune when I go out, basically just feeling better for not drinking in general.....

But, LORD I could murder a pint :D

I don't think there have ever been as many birthday's, 21st, parties, celebrations etc as there is in Lent. It's like everyone is conspiring against me!! Or maybe I just notice it more through a non-alcohol fuelled mind! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Well folks, how did ye get on? Only three days left in Lent, did ye stay off the beer?

I managed to last this long, no beer on St. Patrick's Day, 21st Birthdays or anything! Think I might ease myself back into it on Sunday though! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Off it since last October. I'll be back on it just before the jazz weekend this October. One full year. Didn't mind it at all at all, though of late I wouldn't mind getting very drunk.

Had to cancel a trip to Amsterdam this summer too because I'm staying away from dope as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

I lasted the whole of lent it wasnt bad at all Im hoping to kinda stay off it as much as possible I also canceled a holiday to Amsterdam during lent because of drink tho :)

Advertisement