Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you use for Downloading?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

What's D++ ... Id like to download some red dwarf episodes... Kazaa is too slow :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭roryodonnell

I have used Kazza and Kazza lite for about 2 months didn't really like the quality of files.

Now I use bittorrent (removed ) to download recent films and comedy series. It has good download speeds (if u share aswell) but no search facility (has anyone found a search thingy for torrent ?)

Emule I use for everything else, music, *cough* video *cough*, CD Images, games cracks, you name it. The queuing system does carry an overhead, you must wait your turn and earn ranking points. I find this a good system, so **** like me can't skip the queue. If you have broadband with no punative cap (Eircon IOL 8G:mad:) like me NTL 1mbit, is perfect.

The search facility is the best i've seen. You can even rename the downloads, say to "Liverpool FA cup 1988.mpg" instead of "Hairy Lesbians volume 23.mpg", thats epescially handy for guys who have girlfriends, (or mothers :p) living with them.

Ignore the removed link above. I havn't been there in a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by roryodonnell
    Emule I use for everything else, music, *cough* video *cough*, CD Images, games cracks, you name it.
    You felt the need to put *cough* around "video" but not "game cracks"...?

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    have used soulseek for some rare stuff which was good
    Was this rare stuff of the musical variety or something else (like the Britney Spears' sex tape from her first and only night of marriage (which you can get == > here))

BTW, I also use the TurtleWax download client ==> removed . Nice download speeds and short queues....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by bizmark
    For the last time

DO NOT link to download apps be they Kazza Bit torrent Lime wire or any thing else used primarily to download files illegal.
    Originally posted by tuxx
    i dont think they are getting the message biz
    Originally posted by roryodonnell

Now I use bittorrent (removed ) to download recent films and comedy series. It has good download speeds (if u share aswell) but no search facility (has anyone found a search thingy for torrent ?)

Emule I use for everything else, music, *cough* video *cough*, CD Images, games cracks, you name it. The queuing system does carry an overhead, you must wait your turn and earn ranking points. I find this a good system, so **** like me can't skip the queue. If you have broadband with no punative cap (Eircon IOL 8G:mad:) like me NTL 1mbit, is perfect. )

ROFL does he get in trouble if hes too stupid to get the url right? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

He's only a noob. :Dremoved should be removed !

HERE COMES THE MODERATOR !!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by MickFarr
    He's only a noob. :Dremoved should be removed!

Here's come a ban heading your way you removed removed....

removed is a dickhead

Originally posted by MickFarr
    He's only a noob. :Dremoved should be removed !

Tut tut.. Stop linking to file sharing applications... If nobody knows about them, they will go away... shsssss

X

They should really automate the system to links that include things like

removed
    removed
    removed
    removed

Are automatically removed.

File sharing is illegal and it damages film industry, music industry and gaming industry... I mean the list of such companies that have closed due to file sharing is ... hmm well actually non-existent. But still hmmm... the amount of file sharing going on is obviously hurting their profits...

No but seriously. Hmm... nah never mind.

X

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭MickFarr

Originally posted by DMT
    Here's come a ban heading your way you cool dude....

LOL
    Big Deal !!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement