Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urban Terrorise my machine

Options
  • 07-07-2001 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Any1 else find urban terror a serious drain on memory/processor resources? It doesn't run as I'd expect on my wagon.Quake 3 runs fine. Get 226 fps on timedemo 127 at 640 X 480. In urban terror the frames could be up at 125fps but when I start moving or a player comes on screen it just dies. When I try turning settings down the whole game 4ucks up/mouse stops working or I get a windies message saying low virtual memory. I don't think I should be running out of physical memory though cos I usually have between 50 and 70 megs free(outta 128) before starting quake3. Any one else have this same bother? I know its still only beta but it seems a bit harsh on resources.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lexual

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cerberus:
    Any1 else find urban terror a serious drain on memory/processor resources? It doesn't run as I'd expect on my wagon.Quake 3 runs fine. Get 226 fps on timedemo 127 at 640 X 480. In urban terror the frames could be up at 125fps but when I start moving or a player comes on screen it just dies. When I try turning settings down the whole game 4ucks up/mouse stops working or I get a windies message saying low virtual memory. I don't think I should be running out of physical memory though cos I usually have between 50 and 70 megs free(outta 128) before starting quake3. Any one else have this same bother? I know its still only beta but it seems a bit harsh on resources.</font>

Quite the opposite actually.

UT runs clean and sweet and a lot less hoggy than HL+mods does.

Mind you... I'm using it on Linux, so all bets are off smile.gif

Maybe there's some opengl calls that UT causes that your PC to glitch.

I'd suggest getting the latest BIOS, Drivers etc for your hardware/OS and seeing if that helps...

Maybe if you posted your system specs and OS type I could point you at something more specific.

Regards

Lex.

Clan |.RaDoX.|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Does quake 3 not have a command line option for specifying how much memory to release to the extra mods? thats what the problem sounds like to me.

An equivalent to -zone or similar from quakeworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

com_hunkmegs is similar to heapsize in qw, you should be able to set it at 3/4 or your ram

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Out of curiosity. Are you the same Cerberus that plays on Perfectkill?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

nah not the same cerberus...
    his machine is p1.4 128ram and gforce2 MX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

ut slows a bit coz of all the detail but its grand on my athlon.

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

Advertisement