Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer bits?

• 11-03-2004 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

has anyone bought anything from computerbits.ie? their prices seems cheap...too cheap in some cases, i was looking at the iriver ihp140 and its the cheapest iv seen it anywhere, are they reliable?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by eclectichoney
    has anyone bought anything from computerbits.ie? their prices seems cheap...too cheap in some cases, i was looking at the iriver ihp140 and its the cheapest iv seen it anywhere, are they reliable?

Comparing some HD prices, they seem about the same as Komplett.ie

If you pay by credit card, you should be fairly safe.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Bought a HD from computer bits last week. Same price as komplett but I'd prefere to give my cash to an Irish company.

Customer service seems good however the courier managed to **** up delivery so it was a few days late. I contacted customer support and they offered to send another one while the courier was searching for my lost hard drive.

I intend to buy from computer bits again soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

thanks for the advice guys...i've been wanting an iriver 1hp 120 or 140 mp3 player for ages and the cheapest i saw the 120 for on komplette recently was 460 + delivery....the 140 has an extra 20 GB and is only 499 on computer bits so you can see how i thought it was a good deal....maybe they are very cheap for some things and not for others. the ipod is very very expensive on computer bits alright....

will probably go ahead with it in a few weeks if i get the cash so as they seem like they offer good customer service.

cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

I have dealth with them before and i found them one of the best companies and they seem to appreciate your business. for instance....

I ordered a laser printer from them (very good price) and i got an e-mail saying that that model is going out of stock and a new range is comming in. The newer model was €20ish more expensive and they said they'd give it to me for the same price as the older model.

Same with DVD's ordered cheaper brand (HP) and recieved verbatim after they mailed me to see if it was ok (this was a while back).

Seem like a very decent company

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

The iRiver IHP-120 20GB MP3 Player is available from Peats for €399. Don't know about P&P. You can find it here iRiver MP3 Player

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Just bought a HD of them, there was a mix up with the product codes and I got them wrong one. I sent them a mail and someone got back to me straight away, they're going to send someone out with the proper one and collect the one they sent by mistake, much better than many companies which try to make you pay for all the shipping. Excellent customer service, I'll definitly use them again. Everyone makes mistakes what's important is how they deal with them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Did you get that iHP-140 from them eclectichoney? Good service, shipping?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Amazon.co.uk have the iHP-120 for about e366 and the iHP-140 for e516.

BTW iRiver has renamed them the H120 and H140.

BBTW I have a iHP-120 and I can't recommend it enough, it rocks and IMHO is much better then an iPod.

Advertisement