Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hmm

Options
  • 11-03-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭

I dunno whether this is the right forum for this, but i remeber seeing a thread awhile ago about someone receiving an extraordinary amount of errors while connected to the internet

Well now i have the same problem, the advice he got was that it was spyware, well my pc is regularly checked by me with adaware and spybot, both proggies say im Spyware free

but the errors are still there, have a look for yourself, anyhoo anyone have any other ideas what it could be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

This error thing is beginning to get worse, last night the error reporting went up to 966 errors, now thats with just the modem plugged directly into the phoneline

Is there any point in contacting Eircom with this because it seems now its down t summit with the line

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

That looks like either a dodgy phone line or the modem is going.

If you have another modem, try that. I would also call Eircom and get them to test the line.

Later,

Grayarea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Just so you know, when Eircom test phone lines, they can only test it as far as voice calls are concerned...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

when i use eircom 128k its producing massive errors, like 450 for 2 hours? this is meant to be a digital connection..

if u find out anymore reply here shin, more than likely its probably eircom.. ill test it on oceanfree soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I used to get those errors and that amount. They would only happen when i would play a cd. Must have been a conflict with the modem or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

in your connections properties make sure you have "hardware flow control" "modem error control" and "modem compression" enabled, early versiosn of XP had a nasty habit of turning these off all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Originally posted by BArra
    ill test it on oceanfree soon.

Good idea. Test it with different ISP's so you can get closer to where the problem is.

You could also bring your PC to a friends house and see if you get the errors there (to rule out the phoneline.) Make sure you try using both your modem cable and his to see if it is a cable issue.

If you're still having the problems it is either your modem or Windows.

You could also try reinstalling TCP/IP...

Advertisement