Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

qotsa

Options
  • 10-03-2004 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Heard today on the radio that Queens of the Stone Age have broken up in an acrimonious kinda way. I was surprised to say the least. Did anyone hear anything more than the tiny bit I heard?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

To be honest i didnt care much. I was a fan, but thought theyd been going downhill since thier 1st cd, and i hated the whole 'revolving door' membership thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lofto

Tis a shame, was expecting a really big album from them this year. all i heard was that the bass player and gutarist left 2 weeks ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

isnt there like another 2 or 3 threads for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

I loved all 3 albums so I'll be disappointed. Oh yeah, seen them at the Slane concert last year and they were the best band by far!!! Unsung heroes, literally, as the Irish Independent didn't even give them a mention the next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

They haven't broken up yet. Nick Oliveri has quit/been fired, thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Originally posted by Zoton
    They haven't broken up yet. Nick Oliveri has quit/been fired, thats all.

my point exactly, josh homme will fly the flag and bring in a new bassist... and fill the guitar and drums places too, as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

So we're agreed then.
    /me nods

The next qotsa album should be good. I think they've improved with each album, so the next one should be a cracker! (logical?)

Advertisement