Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where the hell are yahs?

Options
  • 10-07-2001 9:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Yes you.

Clan CG
    Guns Islanders
    Celtic Warriors
    Fenians
    Pheoenix
    Clan Trinity
    Vortex
    Destine

We are gonna have a seriously kick-ass league and we want yahs to re-form, even I have reformed the dreaded Incarnate (against my wishes!), just for this league.

Cmon guys, drop your old team mates a mail, msg them on irc, hunt them down.. just get them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

yeah Dev get yer ar$e in gear smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭DemonBaby

Against your wishes?.
    Pah!
    So who is the mastermind behind the reformation.?
    Carnate?..Mickah?...Anjo?....Blaster?...scarab?..Nemesis?
    Who did I forget?.
    DB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

CTare alleither still bumming around college or been kicked out at this stagew. We could probably still field a team though. WIll talkto teh others smile.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm on it!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pox

mmmmm ct

• Advertisement

Umm who am i ,CG or INC ?

Dev, u putting CG together for this? Or Team SPin or whatever, cmon, and I dont care if you're busy, remember that feeling of watching an INC guy explode and you'll realize its more important than your company making a profit, and u know it.

Jedi and gerry were looking for a clan, maybe they could play with chaos and daa and reform dk...

im really bored, Eric how in the name of JESUS do I make a QWD avi? Nobody on this planet seems to know.
    Anything at all that would help, maybe a version of FA-11 for qwds, or keygrip for qwds. or a decent screen capture app.

help.....us.....

Z

+++++++++++++++++++++
    "Up-and-at-dem"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

yeah lads,

Theres only 5 clans in so far, three of them are from the uk! Cmon ta phuck, get into gear and make a team.

Zero, ages and ages ago (when i had a ****e pc), i wrote a config to do screenies every 3rd frame, workded deadly, imported them into a avi editor and away yah go. But my pc was so ****e back then it took forever, maybe give this approach a go ?

Otherwise, I have all the fa11, keygrip proggies, I can give you em.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

sorry bout this being off-topic and all but is that the same thing as the avidemo command in quake 3? Where it takes screens every frame so u can make an avi?

Thats ridicilous, nobody beats subzero

• Advertisement

Yea Thrax,

Thats the same thing. Makes doing .avi's so easy in q3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

Sent in a cd team should be a laugh but please be gentle smile.gif

Anyone who doesn't have a clan and want's to play, post here - ZT need one more person!

Cheers

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

me?

u probably dont want me.. *sob* frown.gif

anyway, not sure i could play, i'd be usin me friends pc and he prolly would want to play. I would only be able to play next weekend when im home.

Thats ridicilous, nobody beats subzero

Nice One John!!

More teams.. More.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

I'll play for ZT Dav.

Ohhh, the Irony. I feel unclean. smile.gif

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.
    Mail: jaden@eircom.net

Cool. Dav, register the team up on q.ie, think that makes 7....

+++++++++++++++++++
    Up and at dem

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MindPhuck:
    Zero, ages and ages ago i wrote a config to do screenies every 3rd frame, workded deadly, imported them into a avi editor and away yah go.</font>

Eric,
    I have the avi maker alright, how do i make the config take them every 3rd frame? I made up a token one to test it, and i had "screenshot;wait;screenshot;wait....etc" in it, but it caused the demo to totally jerk and then the screenshots werent properly in sync because of the demo jumping.

OMFG!!!

That's cool Rob - talk about an unholy alliance!

I'll sign it up now...

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jaden:

I'll play for ZT Dav.

Ohhh, the Irony. I feel unclean. smile.gif
    </font>

[ZT]Jaden

smile.gif

rotflmbo

hahahahahhaa biggrin.gif

Glad to have you onboard, you'll be handy when we need someone to clear the road of Gardaí wink.gif

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

I'll play for someone. Don't care who.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭DMX

If ue are playing Q2 and ye are stuck 4 a man, gimme a shout!

aythechosen1@hotmail.com

cool.gif>DMX< cool.gif

Btw, ive updated the page with the rules and stuff. www.quake.ie/quakelords

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

I'd imagine young johnor and a few of the old skool locals might be up for a bit of a bash ... maybe even Buttmunch might return for an auld session!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zero:
    Dev, u putting CG together for this? Or Team SPin or whatever, cmon, and I dont care if you're busy, remember that feeling of watching an INC guy explode and you'll realize its more important than your company making a profit, and u know it.</font>

OMG hahah thats funny.

The truth is, I could be tempted.

I miss the old lans etc but theres SOOO many questions.

1. Where?

Someones gaff?
    Ask MP. We nearly blew his house up with 15-20 comps...

Self-Service hall?
    They need a really serious mains. Those places cost a fair bit.

Netcafe?
    They lose cash to do it... serious cash, and noone is ever happy with their computers. Mind you for an "over-nighter" its doable.

The best solution is (dont laugh) a community hall... usually cheap and decent space/power. If you know of one near you, ask them!

2. When? This sort of thing needs a good run up to it. I cant see us getting it together before Sept from a standing-start.

3. Who? People are notoriously bad at paying/turning up. I've been toying with an idea of selling "tickets" on Ebay to get the cash in easier so that if some tosser wakes up and decides he doesnt like the weather, we're not out of pocket.
    We'd have to invite the CS'ers... it'd be rude not to.

4. By whom? Seriously, I dont have half the time I used to have in my life. What I do have the monster that IS boards.ie eats. Who's gonna help me run it (I know the usual reliables will help so this is the easiest question...)

5. How much? say 100 people (60 machines). 20 quid each, thats 2,000 which isnt a huge amount of cash to get a good 2-3 day event out of.

Thoughts?

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

Von, how about Damian you and I, and we discover some fourth and equal talent, (a task, i know i know)then we win this and go to sleep again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

A crazy idea Nicky but it just might work. What is your email address again?

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

84 the Crescent is available AGAIN smile.gif

If yah wants!!

Advertisement