Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

barry everitt?

• 11-03-2004 5:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

i know there is fierce competion between ogara and humprheys for the no. 10 shirt but i was just wondering about barry everitt who plays with london irish. would it not be a good idea to give him a try. if you click on the link and see that his stats are pretty impressive. top zurich points scorer 2000/2001 (better than johnny wilkinson)

does anyone know much about his current form?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

Although I don't know much about the guy, I assume if he has potential he'll be on the summer test, the whole development tour thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

He started off with Garryowen I think ??. At 27 he would want to make the breakthrough soon. O Gara is the same age as him I think he would alway play second fiddle at best. Good player though and very quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

O'Gara is 27!!!
    I didn't think he was that old.

He's a class act and does seem to be getting kicks under pressure more now! (except that first one against england :dunno: )

Yeah Barry Everitt is a good player. I can see him getting in soon since Humphreys is getting on now.

Does anyone know if there are other Irish players in the zurich premiership that might make it into the squad that aren't in already???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

From www.rugbyworldcup.com

NAME Ronan O'Gara
    Date of Birth 07/03/77
    Place of Birth San Diego
    Height 180
    Weight 85
    Position Flyhalf

27 just gone. Been around for a good while now. He just looks young.

Jonny O Connor (Wasps and former Connaught) was getting rave reviews but is out injured for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

everitt played for leinster for a season or two and was a nightmare, hence why the IRFU/Leinster let him go..

London Irish have hardly been setting the world on fire with him at the helm either :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 thetis

While I can see Bishop getting a run out for a minor match, I can't see Everitt ever getting onto the first 15. Mapletoft is playing as well as him at outhalf for LI at the moment. Even 2 years ago, when arguably he was playing the best rugby of his life, he was nowhere near international standard.

Advertisement