Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find Company Profile

Options
  • 11-03-2004 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to look up information on a company before an interview and was wondering if/where there's a site/place which would have info on # of employees, turnover and such.

Any help greatly appreciated!

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

kompass do (www.kompass.ie ???) they used to have a free service

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by Nuttzz
    kompass do (www.kompass.ie ???) they used to have a free service
    Thx. It's €95 :(
    Any others?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Google them.

Check if they have a detailed ad in the Golden Pages / Blue Pages.

http://www.cro.ie/search/ will provide some limited information.

Originally posted by Victor
    http://www.cro.ie/search/ will provide some limited information.
    That's the one! Couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Thanks Victor!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

I actually do research on Companies in Ireland for a well known credit reporting company and I find Google to be my best friend. Also check out www.business.ie for some general info, contact details, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

cro online is actually not all that useful. (unless things have changed recently) you can request copies of annual returns but they cost money and you have to open an account.

Companies office in the UK is much better. You can just buy copies of annual returns one at a time on line and download them.

Thing is though...for an interview the information available from the cro or companies office isn't very useful (unless the interview is for a position in the company's finance department).

As Victor said...just google them...if you find nothing then at least you know they don't take the internet very seriously.

Thanks for the info. I found out that the downloads on CRO are pretty much useless for what I need. The company name is a pretty common word and adding keywords from their business type etc brings up very little info more that what's on their site (which ain't much :(:dunno: )

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

If you need to know something, send me a pm, and I will see if there is anything I can do. Confidentially, of course.

Advertisement