Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet calls over broadband

• 11-03-2004 6:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

Just a quick question.

Will windows messenger allow me to make free computer to computer voice calls and if so what effect will this have on my download limit. I have just subscribed to the IOL 8gb option.

THnaks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

it will, but quality isn't great. But i suppose it is the most popular program, and everyone has it.

It uses about 3kb/sec, so it isn;t likely to burst your cap, unless you talk non-stop for the wole month. Literally, at those speeds it'd take 31 days to break the cap (asssuming thats all you do).

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭esentziak

I use skype for phone calls over the internet. Quality is good and it works with firewalls.

donwload software from www.skype.com

Esentziak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Damn you skype for taunting me:

skype.png

It's the business otherwise....

And please don't link to any software capable of downloading illegal conversations...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

do a search for voip or skype - many threads discussing this with other services/apps/hardware devices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭melachi

It's just voice communication..

I prefer ventrilo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

aye ventrilo is lovely, crystal clear quality.

Advertisement