Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Article] Luas Trial Run postponed.

• 11-03-2004 6:26pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

http://www.aaroadwatch.ie/rail/story.asp?id=1966

11/3/2004 Trial run of the LUAS from Sandyford to St. Stephens Green terminated
    A LUAS trial run on the Sandyford to St Stephens Green route has terminated at Charlemont St Bridge.

The trial run has been postponed as a mark of respect for victims of this morning's bombings in Madrid.

The tram involved in the trial run will be returned to Sandyford as soon as possible. Proposed restrictions for Harcourt St have now been abandoned.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

wtf has that got to do with the bombings in Madrid????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
    wtf has that got to do with the bombings in Madrid????

Bertie had planed some press at the green for the arrival of luas, he canceled on them cause of Madrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It was the "railway" connection. One rail company paying its respects to another that has experienced a huge tragedy.

Are the trams manufactured in France or Spain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Are the trams manufactured in France or Spain?

La Rochelle in France, as far as I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Yes, that is correct! Did you know that the trams are in the Wexford county colours of purple and yellow? The exterior are a metalic purple. I have heard that the guy who selected the trams is a Wexford man and one of the colour options is purple and yellow. He obviously thought it would hilarious but it is indicative of the level of professionalism in the RPA.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

What's wrong with those colours ? I saw them in Tallaght a few weeks ago and they looked good. I think they are CItadis models and from what one sees all the new trams being delivered around Europe are this sort of colour - i.e. not primary colours like reds but more subtle..

http://www.transport.alstom.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/View&inifile=futuretense.ini;futuretense_xcel.ini&c=at_product_type&cid=996157083810&lid=en&pid=996157052219&rid=996157052161&mid=996157069374

Advertisement