Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Set Up Message Board

Options
  • 11-03-2004 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know how to set up a message board for a web site.
    Are there any freely available templates you can download and use?

Thanks,
    Bacchus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

what kind of message board are you talking about?

i could lend a hand

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Nothing much really. I'm afraid, I know next to nothing about the types of messge boards out there. I have a website and I'd like to add a forum where people (ie my friends) can post messages. We're all leaving college soon and I thought it'd be a neat way to stay in touch. I don't think I'll bother with any sort of secure login or multiple forums.
    Any ideas on how to do this? Does it require much work/time to set it up. Time at the moment is not a luxury I have.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Well if you want simplicity, you could get a free forum (hosted by themselves) at www.ezboard.com Just register and create your forum. Note that there are pop up adverts, which can be removed by paying for Gold service.

If you have a server with PHP, MySQL, etc you could opt for:
    Ikonboard
    phpBB2
    Yabb

These are free to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Thanks for the links byte.
    I'll have a look at those.

Advertisement