Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOLBB Upload speed and Xbox Live

• 11-03-2004 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32

Hi I'm on IOLBB the 49€ one but I haven't noticed any difference since we got "Bumped Up" have any of you?. I Already Bought a new modem a zoom x4 has built in firewall and uses USB and Ethernet (good for my XBOX),but this is my point Xbox can check ur download and upload speed and I am only getting 68-70 upload and 350-380 Download download is OK but 68 is a joke anyone getting anything like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

First of all the upgrade won't have made any difference to your speed. Contention changed from 48:1 to 24:1 but this is unlikey to change speeds. As there were not many users in the first place I'm sure the contention never kicked in on 48:1 therefore on 24:1 you will notice no difference.

I'm currently as I have always got speeds of 420 down and 107 up on IOL. You will have to rely on one of the cleverer boardsters too give you advice on how to increase your speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 madboy

Did u check that speed with xbox or did u use another prog?if so can u tell me what u use...........
    i know the actual speed won't change but i haven't noticed anything at all,but as u say maybe I never experienced 48:1 so there would be no change
    Its bothering me that the up is so slow it doesn't help my shot in Rainbow 6... it makes me wonder why anyone would pay extra for no gain why not just get the cheaper package??
    I got one friend who is local to get his XBOX to check and it was about the same, so if anyone else can do the same and post the results I'd appreciate it... It could be a flaw with my console and I know that the PING it shows is high (about 213) because it pings a server on the west coast of America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the only real reason to get the more expensive package is if you download more than 8gb a month
    sounds like you would be better off switching to the cheaper option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

The real difference between the 2 packages is IOL BB Plus has double the cap size - 16gb instead of 8gb.

This is what I use to test my speed.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp

Advertisement