Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PICARD or KIRK?

Options
  • 11-03-2004 2:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Kirk or Picard?

who do you prefer and why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I pick (geddit?) Picard.

What for anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Picard for president :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

didnt patrick stewart say in a interview a few years back that he hates star trek and just does it for the money?

Its a very very hard question i cant answer now will answer later 2 nite

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i prefare picard in general out of all the captains i think, then probably followd by sisko

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

didnt patrick stewart say in a interview a few years back that he hates star trek and just does it for the money?

and thats why him and brent spiner spends alot of time trying to save star trek ...but keeps being shot down by the powers that be (god damn Berman)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 satriani18

??????????????????????????????????????

threads merged

data

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Picard Because he had the balls to admit he was bald not like willy there is a tribble on your head shatner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Picard

Why, 4 words,

Beem me up

****************LONG PAUSE*******************

Scotty.......

Classic :D

Thanks joePC

• Advertisement

ERRRR Picard couldnt of said that seeming its the totaly wrong ship/year and Kirk never EVER used that line in any ep or film

what about in relics? didn't happen there did it?

im telling ya it never happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

Picard. Kirk is... sleazy.

i don't think kirk ever said those exact words either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Yes you're right The words "Beam me up Scotty" have never been spoken from what i've read.

Just like Sherlock Homes never said "Elementary my dear watson".

btw I was never really a fan of those tng Conan Doyle related episodes...

davej

Anyway, scotty is from deep space nine.

come again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

btw I was never really a fan of those tng Conan Doyle related episodes...

Same here and I didn't like the one with Mark Twain either. I found both characters annoying although the time travel and hologram escaping from holodeck stories were cool.

I also didn't like the way they often went to the "Ancient West" in the holodeck on TNG - why the obsession with the 19th century. They should have been more daring and picked more unusual times in history.

Back on topic, I never really liked the original series - although I'm glad it was made as it led to TNG. Kirk comes accross as a cheesy buffoon IMO. Meanwhile, Picard is educated in both literature and science, intelligent, classy, brave, commanding and so on - a real Renaissance man. An example: Remember the episode where he was kidnapped by Cardissians and they tortured him but still he refused to give in to their demands - that was very impressive. If I became a captain or a CEO or something like that, my leadership style would be influenced strongly by his.

Originally posted by simu
    If I became a captain or a CEO or something like that, my leadership style would be influenced strongly by his.

Nerd: "Sorry Simu, CEO of Microsoft, we really do want to use Linux"

Simu: "Damn you to hell... Bill, fire the torpedos!"

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I hated Kirk, the chauvinistic caveman. Picard like the previous poster said is a rennaissance man. I prefer Picard.

Originally posted by simu

An example: Remember the episode where he was kidnapped by Cardissians and they tortured him but still he refused to give in to their demands - that was very impressive

yeah but he was about to give in he really thought he could see that 1 extra or 1 less light, just made his big show at the end when he was being rescued

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    yeah but he was about to give in he really thought he could see that 1 extra or 1 less light, just made his big show at the end when he was being rescued

In all fairness to him he was being tortured for days if not weeks at that point he was told if he didn’t give the cardies what they wanted they would of used Crusher also that the enterprise-D was destroyed along with 1,000 of his crew then there was the added presser of 2-3 guards walking towards you as your being told "there coming to get you tell me now!! and you will live a good life"

And at the end he didn’t give in he might of though there was 5 lights but he never said it

he would have caved, in his mind he saw 5 lights its not like he even would have thought he was lying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

JANEWAY ALLLL THHHEEEE WAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Janeway: Tuvok, its an innocent species.................PHOTON TORPEDOS, FULL SPREAD, FIRE!!!!

maybe but the end result doesnt change ......He didnt cave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Jean Luck Pickard, sure he's great with the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Picard, followed by Sisko tbh.

Kirk was kinda like a thug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

i placed this message up here as a mess,
    to see how many trek heads on boards

and WOWZERS you kids know your stuff!!

keep up the good work, its very "useful" :p

• Advertisement

banned

for reason please refer to the charter for this forum.

Regards

Data

Advertisement