Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lan cafs in limerick

Options
  • 12-07-2001 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭

whats the best lan caf to go to in limerick? I wanna go and play q3 and qw so where does anybody recommend. Illbe in limerick on saturday u see and i dont wanna be bored (fu<king evil cresent shopping centre, ughh) any recommendations will do nicely.

Thats ridicilous, nobody beats subzero

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

go to the bus/train station, face right and walk for about 10 mins...you'll eventually reach one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

If you play qw, call out to our gaff, we have 4 machines set up, going to be six by tonite when we get our wavelan, nice nice.
    We'd have to beat you tho, because you'd be in our gaff, and you'd have to praise everyone in the gaff, even the dog. And make tea. for the dog. and roll up for sonic to numb his brain even more than it already is. and clean out the downstairs jacks.(jesus...)
    and wake gman up for work at 7am, not an easy task.
    Actually nobody out there knows what it's like to wake Guinnessman in the mornings....for the full story on waking gman consult quake.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Im goin to Limerick with ThrAx tomorrow and hope lan cafe be good. But im havin second thoughts bout goin to ur gaff zero i dont like makin tea for dogs!

How appropriate you fight like a Cow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

yeah so where do u live then zero? how would i get to ur house from the station? why do i have to feed ur dog? answer me these questions three. Do u really have all them pcs, u better not be lying, u know macs and microwaves dont count as pc's and neither does ur dog (no matter how much u play wiv it) smile.gif No seriously, where do I go in limerick for a good lan game of quake3/qw? Whats the name of that place 10 mins from the station? Is it good? What other questions can I ask? Where is the best brothel? Whats the best place not to get stabbed? Whats the best place to stab somebody?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭tarzan

in answer to most of your questions, "the lads house" is the place to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I hear gman is trying to improve his stabbing techniques... do whats right and go help him out.

While we were in Limerick we recieved a record low of stabings (The place isn't like it used to be) and found an internet cafe (no games however according to the strange person behind the counter). I thinks it was on the top of Thomas street but im not sure. We then asked in game and they said ther was 2! one on thomas st and the other on Williams st or sumtin. To be honest i cant remember it very clearly but it went along those lines anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The best Internet Café in Limerick is Websters (on Thomas Street), although that's not saying much for them. Last time I visited there (a few weeks ago) they had worse spec'd PC's than they had when they first opened (in 1996!), the connection speed was STILL 64K shared between 10 PC's and they had NO games and no web site of their own.

I used to work there, (helped run the place from when they opened) and at THAT time we arranged regular gaming nights (although it WAS only Duke Nukem 3D and Quake [1]), wrote and maintained our own web site as well as ones for loads of clients, and were responsible for the RealAudio broadcasts for 2FM and Clare FM. I'm a little disappointed by what it's become.

As others have said here, if you want to have a decent LAN gaming session in Limerick or the surrounding area, you'll have to do it in someone's house- 'cos there's no company, café, etc. around there that is anywhere near as good as those found in Dublin or anywhere near good enough to host a gaming event... FACT...

It's a pity- but so it is. I'd like to be proven wrong.

Bard
    I've got a plan... and it's as HOT... AS MY PANTS!!!" - Lord Flashheart.

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 16-07-2001).]

limriks **** (in terms of lan cafs)

id have to agree with you ThrAx.

• Advertisement

whats john carmack got to do with this?

The kids violated my honey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThrAx:
    limriks **** (in terms of lan cafs)

</font>

No, you mean Limerick is shiit full stop. Lan cafs in Limerick being shiit means nothing, they are just staying with the general standard of the city itself. Where else in the country do you get 3 scobers for every normal person?

ah phew...

i was just trying to be safe, i didnt want to offend u (u live there)

now I can be real

limerick is the biggest sh1+ hole in existence, its smelly, it sux, its smelly, its dirty, theres no lan cafs and its smelly oh and its smelly, wait sorry did i forget to tell u that its smelly

by the way im from limerick too by the way, i live in galway now though, after living in crumlin in dublin for years too smile.gif

my bad,

soz bard ur right crumlin is the biggest **** hole in existence, limerick is second and hillside is third

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

not originally from limerick myself (check the name) but love the city, sad to hear people bringing it down, i was never here when she was a "stab city"

but on to other things...enjoyed a really nice lan/internet combo in limerick this past thursday night in a m8s in raheen from 6pm to 4am (finished early as we had to work)

if you are interested you can email me and ill let you know when the next one is on, its good craic.

no begrudgers, no kids, no annoying gits need apply.

sounds good,

i'm going to the galway lan today when i finish work and its gonna 0wn

im a robot in disguise

i have heard that there are 2 lan cafes in limerick for gaming...one on henry street next to movie drome, acroos the street from the Corner Flag and near the Windmill...dont know if its opened yet tho.

also heard there is one at the top of william street. that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

has anyone been to any of these cafe's

we walked for ages to get to that shít hole, and it was crap. all that time could have been spent playing those crap games on didgital tv in my cousins house.

im a robot in disguise

when i was there i was told that there were 2 lan cafes, i went to both locations only finding a ****ty internet cafe with some foreign bird behind the counter who couldnt understand what i was talking about. I said "Hi, do you do network gaming here?" she replied "Sorry, yes, u want email?" I said "no, multiplayer games? Quake 3, Counter-strike?", "I no understand, he have one computer with the games on them", i replied "No thanks we'll find somewhere else", this was after following bunny's directions.

im a robot in disguise

• Advertisement

thats sounds like surfers yeah? on the corner with big windows and pcs in the basement? (some upstairs now too i think)

yeah, that guy doesnt cater to games at all, very cheap hardware, mostly built himself, but he went and splurged on rotten tft 15 inch flat screens that dont do a thing for games (but they saved him loads of space)

Limerick is pretty arseways in general we really should stop goin there ThrAx walkin for hours lookin for some shi+ excuse for a lan cafe to find the only games there are minesweeper and solitare (they are both great games but im not payin a tener to play em for 2 hrs!)
    In conclusion erm.....Limerick bad. the complete oposite of limerick good.

perhaps but i post on bards boards sometimes (Gaeilge) so i might be let of? or not. In the words of the stupid prof. in Red Alert 1 "Only time will tell"

[This message has been edited by Volvagia (edited 01-08-2001).]

bard 'll tear strips off ya

im a robot in disguise

yeah "stupid"

i've never posted on any of bards boards

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ThrAx:
    yeah "stupid"

i've never posted on any of bards boards