Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sysdata.xml Error

Options
  • 11-03-2004 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but I'll start

I explain this at the start.

I installed winxp pro in to my new pc. Everthing was acting normal when it was installing but when it booted up for the first time i got my blue screen of death (I forgot what it said). Then I discovered that the back of the disc was scratched badly. its a "back-up" version of winxp pro. The problem was that some of the files didn't Copied over. So my brother copied the files that were missing from my pc from his laptop (winxp pro "back-up" but not the same disc). Then I'd reboot my pc and it worked.

the files that my brother copied over.

Urlmon.dll
    winlogon.exe
    RTCDLL.DLL
    SySfiles.lnf

now other Problem..

when I go and play game like half-life or max payne 2 and I press the Pause/break button or the caps lock button my pc reboots and goes back to my destop with a pop-up saying "the system has recovered from a serious error" and log says

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020904-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Richard\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Does this mean I have to format the hard-drive or just replace the file.

thanks!

Comments

Advertisement