Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Imposter email

• 12-03-2004 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

Odd little batch of emails turned up last week.

I'm quite used to receiving bounced emails that I didn't send from non-existant accounts with my email address as the originator. That's common enough.

However, last week I received a bunch of mails sent to me from bogus email addresses within my own domain!

emails along the lines of

Dear mydomain.com user
    Our main mailing server will be temporary unavaible for next two days,
    to continue receiving mail in these days you have to configure our free
    auto-forwarding service.

For details see the attached file.

Attached file protected with the password for security reasons. Password is 34470.

Have a good day,
    The mydomain.com team

There is a payload but of course I dump these mails straight away when received without opening.

I've had them from management@mydomain.com and noreply@mydomain.com so far, neither of which are accounts that we've set up (just to be clear I've substituted the word "mydomain" for my actual domain name here).

Anyone seen this sort of thing? How do they do it? Can I stop it?

Ta for the info

Comments

Advertisement