Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto

• 12-03-2004 1:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

Only 20c a pack now boys n girls. 50 years old is our man Tayto. . Original Irish crisp. Don't be buying them foreign imports!!!! no excuses now....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

never like tayto since the new taste came in.

it's hunky doreys for me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

mmmm, I wonder is it for the occassion of the 50th anniversary, or the fact that their near 50 years of market domination is under threat by the Walkers 20c special offer running at the moment.

Competition, you gotta love it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

hunky doreys salt and vinegar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Xterminator

You all got it wrong.

I recently tried the new Perri Lights range.

"Mature dublin cheddar & Red Onion flavour"

Man, there the nicest crisps i think i ever had!!!

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Don't buy walkers crisps ...
    Tayto are struggling big time with the competition from them

King Crisps are nicest IMO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Is Tayto owned by the same people that make Walkers now? I heard that somwhere.
    I remember when ya used to find green messed up crisps in yur tayto bags, I really miss those days :D
    I recently tried the new Perri Lights range.
    "Mature dublin cheddar & Red Onion flavour"
    Man, there the nicest crisps i think i ever had!!!
    Perri actually got the flavor right??!!
    That is a suprise, and worth futher investigation:ninja:
    King Crisps are nicest
    King do indeed do damn fine crisps:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Walkers are way nicer. I buy a 24 pack in tesco for 3.99!
    And their gluten free, for anybody interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I don't like taytos because they're green. Walkers Prawn Cocktail are teh w1n!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Tayto 'crips', yeah I think the greeny bits made me never like them that much. 'Bout feckin time the prices got back to reasonable, if even for just a short time! Only crisps I really like are/were the crinkley cut ones.

Haha, in my usual researching-before-I-post I found you can actually order Tayto crisps online
    Have Tayto crisps delivered to your door! Why not send your friends or relatives a present they will remember?
    Wowee, THAT'S a pressie I'd never forget for sure! :rolleyes: Here ya go, happy event - here's a few packigis o' crips for ye. Don't eat dem all in de one go!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Walkers are the "fakest" tasting crisps going. They're givin them out free at Tara St DART station. They must not be doin so well!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I can't believe you can order tayto online... ten pounds sterling plus four pounds p&p for a box of 40 packs....

If only they had a wishlist section like amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭ando

Salt & Vinegar Tayto.. always loved them, and since the new metalic bags were brought out, their even better IMO. Nathing else for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Genghis

Thats for Tayto NI, oneweb, a completely different company, product and taste, and nothing at all to do with ROI Tayto.

Heres the link you want - http://tayto.4gifts.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Don't know if anyone saw the Money Programme on BBC2 earlier in the week. Was about the rivalry between Golden Wonder and Walkers. Basically, Golden Wonder are on their knees because of Walker and their marketing methods and they are trying to fight back with a relaunch.

I'd hate to see a good Irish product go to the wall because of the tactics Walkers use to get market share.

Someone should start a Save Our Tayto campaign!

Maybe I will :-)

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Originally posted by Kold
    I don't like taytos because they're green. Walkers Prawn Cocktail are teh w1n!

so so true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Originally posted by LizardKing
    Don't buy walkers crisps ...
    Tayto are struggling big time with the competition from them

King Crisps are nicest IMO

well people can buy walkers if they want to, i mean i don't care if they english irish or swedish if they tase good i'll buy them

cheese and owen.

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Thraktor

Have you people never heard of Perri Pan Fried cheese and onion? Quite expensive, but holy jesus, they're good. Now if only my local newsagent would start stocking them again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

Tayto cheese and onion rule all

i was living in american for last summer and my mate brought over some, god was i greatful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Nothing to do with it being LENT, and walkers 20c crisps on the go.

Perri "Pr0n and Cocktail" winnars

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Not all shops seem to be selling teh 20c Tayto, or the 20c Walkers. Why is this? Is it older stock?

Anyway, King are indeed the best crisps. Back in the day, I used to love Farmer Browns Worcester Sauce flavour, and their Loops. Dunno what happened the company though. :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Vorrtexx

Originally posted by slave1
    hunky doreys salt and vinegar

have to agree. So thick and cruncy and salty! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

I agree with kratta

Tayto cheese and onion rule all

well said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by Genghis
    Thats for Tayto NI, oneweb, a completely different company, product and taste, and nothing at all to do with ROI Tayto.
    Ah, thx for the heads up ;) On tayto.ie 404ing I tried com - thought they'd rebranded or summat and were aiming for the UK market.

Originally posted by byte
    Not all shops seem to be selling teh 20c Tayto, or the 20c Walkers. Why is this? Is it older stock?
    Could it be that they're buying them in at the special trade price but keeping the same price to make more money? Perrys the thought! Maybe, I dunno. Not all shops are that greedy.

PS, I know there are a few boards members who have cash n' carry accounts - are the site prices making a lot of/much profit over cnc prices?

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

would you not just buy a chocolate bar, much nicer then any crisps packet and less grease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Back in the day, I used to love Farmer Browns Worcester Sauce flavour, and their Loops.

man , they ruled .. I had completely forgotten about them .... jesus , now I'm gonna start craving them like some demented pregnant woman .... gotta get a fix .. gotta get a fix .... AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHH

Actually come to think of it ... I'd love a packet of Alien Spacers too ... the original triangle shaped ones ... MMMMMMM Alien Spacers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

bikers are the nicest crisp going, they may not follow a traditional format but nothing is spicier or tastier! they kinda make your nose sweat though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Anyone remember the A - Team crisps, think they were 5p, small packets, nyom

On a side note, Barneys Bacon Flavour ones are nice, and Monster Munch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Originally posted by bazH

Yeah I do ... the Murdoch ones were something suitabley whacky like Tomato & Sausage flavour and Face's one were spicey ... I think ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by bazH

On a side note, Barneys Bacon Flavour ones are nice, and Monster Munch

LoL.....the A-Team ones were 'faces lips'.
    Also, Monster Munch used to be lovely before there changed them. They used to be really dense and powdery, now their really brittle and full of air. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Originally posted by patch
    LoL.....the A-Team ones were 'faces lips'.
    Also, Monster Munch used to be lovely before there changed them. They used to be really dense and powdery, now their really brittle and full of air. :mad:

Yes, but still lovely!!

Advertisement