Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

jeez 20c thats good for once

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tayto are owned by Cantrell and Cochrane- of Club Orange fame.
    While it is an Irish company- the majority of the shareholding is in British Mutual funds. Maurice Pratt- the ex-Quinnsworth guy is the CEO.

Shane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

OMG, what the feck happened Hot Lips? They used to be a huge chunk of a thing, now they're hardly visible ffs!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I like Doritos myself (so Walkers then). You can probably tell that I have no nostalgic memories of those economic crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can u still get hot lips by perris?

they were/are so nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

ABout 7 years ago the owners of Tayto called all their staff together and said that Tayto was the number 1 crisp in Ireland because of them , the staff. The owners proceeded to give away all or a lot of the accumulated wealth from the company to all the staff - the longer they had worked in the company the more money they got. If I remember correctly I think a man who had worked over 35 years got something like £90k. Now that's a nice story. Eat Tayto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,062 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Now that's a nice story

certainly is but it sounds like an urban myth
    any source for this?

I've totally gone off cheese & onion so gonna throw my weight behind Walkers Ready Salted - ingredients - potatoes, oil, salt. No MSG unlike virtually every other crisp on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭LizardKing

*NEW* King Lites ... all the flavour with 40 % lower fat .. (Guaranteed Irish too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Walkers pickled onion monster munch. NYOM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Good old Tayto cheese & onion or walkers ready salted. Most commonly walkers though, since I won a fiver in a packet of ready salted a few months ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

At the moment it's Walkers for me as there the one's that are being sold in the shop near my school.Like both the same Tayto leave me needing a drink though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Just looking at that NI site and you can buy prawn cocktail and pickled onion Taytos. I haven't seen them in ages in Dublin. I want pickled onion.

When I was in London there was a make of Irish crisp (made in Leicester:rolleyes: ) called O'Flaherty's or some stupid made up Irish name. They used to sell them in all the Benji's and they were absolutely gorgeous. They came in Ulster Cheddar, County Kerry Salt & Pepper, County Connemara chicken and so on. Silly names, great crisps.

Advertisement